Community post

Discussion

CD19 - Positive OPK

I'm 36 and my boyfriend and I have been trying to conceive for almost a year, unsuccessfully, so this cycle, I decided to use an OPK to make sure that I was, in fact, ovulating.

I always thought that I ovulated between CD14-16 but I started testing on CD10 (4/8/14) and got smiley face today, CD19.

I read that as long as your luteal phase is at least 10 days (I'm due on April 28th) you should be okay but isn't CD19-20 a little late to ovulate?

I've been charting my period for years and I'm fairly regular - usually 27-29 day cycles - so I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue and got pregnant successfully.

Me: 36 BF: 37 TTC#1 since April 2013

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

It sounds like you could have a luteal phase defect if you are ovulating that late regularly. I would recomment charting BBT to be sure. OPKs can be a bit odd sometimes so I don't rely on them 100%. BBT is pretty reliable in my experience for confirming ovulation.

Have you thought about getting checked out once you reach a year of trying?

10 years ago

We haven't seriously been trying. We've been having unprotected sex but haven't been charting or using OPK's or anything. I track my cycles on montlyinfo.com, so we've been basing my ovulation date off of that.

We're thinking of doing at least 3 cycles before we get a doctor involved. This is the first cycle I've used an OPK, so if we aren't successful this time around and the next OPK shows that I'm ovulating late again, then We'll do one more cycle and see what happens. We started using pre-seed and I heard that B6 helps to extend the luteal phase, so I'm going to start taking a higher dose of that as well.

I had an IUI a few years ago, so I basically know what to expect if/when we do decide to go the medical route. :)

Me: 36 BF: 37 TTC#1 since April 2013

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo