Community post

Discussion

AF 3 days late, EWCM, BFN!

Hi everybody...

I keep craaaaazily searching and reading peoples stories and there are no updates so you never know whether they ended up pregnant or not and it is SO frustrating!... I always scroll down and it just apruptly ends! Arrrgh!

So I decided to make my own post and then definitely update it for future obsessers!

I am around 16dpo. I used OPKS (not cheap ones either!). I'm going to start temping next month if AF finally arrives. I had STRONG ouch cramping around 8/9dpo that I hoped was implantation, no bleeding though.

Then I had on and off intense, dull ache type abdominal cramping, & leg and hip cramps (like musuclar throbbing!) throughout week 2 of the tww - VERY unusual for me! especially the leg & hip stuff.

I started testing around 10dpo on ICs, had BFN every morning.

The last test I did was about 14dpo (when af was due and didn't arrive) on a FRER and snow white BFN.

But! two dark, dark - ultra thick and in your face screaming waaaay darker than the control line positive OPK. What the?!! I know that can indicate pregnancy for some, or it can indicate a late OV. Who knows?! Not me!

Now about 16dpo, gone 2 days without testing, and AF now 3 days late. For about 4 days I've had EWCM which is very strange for me - aware that I could have ovulated late though, especially as I had NO ewcm around when I thought I OV'd (even after taking EPO, which I thought was very weird). Very strange to OV THIS late, as in delays AF, though!

CM is usually dry and sticky before AF and I always just "have a feeling" that she's coming... and this time I just have a sort of "in limbo" weird kind of feeling. The cramps feel different too but I can't really explain how...

Anyway, hope you can make sense of that ramble! It's driving me nuts like everyone else says! Just want to know so I can plan next month (or not!) I'm going to go to ASDA today and get their own brand of test, got some EBAY cheapies coming in the post tomorrow too.

I will DEFINITELY update, even if I get no replies!! :)

5 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I would say definitely test again whenever you can! It sounds promising, but the opk is definitely strange. I also have heard that a dark opk can mean pregnancy. In fact, I'm 15dpo and my FRER this morning was negative, but opk was very close to positive again. So I guess we'll both see how that plays out :) Good luck!!

8 years ago

I hate all those posts that are never updated too! I'm interested in seeing your update though. Our bodies can be so weird and frustrating!

8 years ago

I HATE when those posts never update. Makes me insane, especially if you're reading through pages and pages just to have it end.

Im my experience... (I have had a LOT....4 kids, 6 pregnancies hundreds of HPTs, and successfully doing the rhythm method of Birth Control while BFing for over 2 years! Lots of 'scares' and close calls and what ifs.)... Anyways, in my experieince, EWCM near AF time is a sign your body is gearing up for AF and is not pregnant. Usually pregnancy will cause creamy/milky/wet CM. It's because the pregnancy-sustaining hormones are staying leveled and balanced. With EWCM, that is a sign of a peak in estrogen, and while not ALWAYS the case, ('EWCM' might just be body chemistry at work) it USUALLY means that estrogen is calling AF to come out.

CM however, is a horrible indication of pregnancy either way. I am NOT an expert, I just know my body, and have done SO Much reading and research about this over the years. Lucky enough to even find some posts that do have follow ups at the end!!! Haha. Cant wait to see how yours turns out.

8 years ago

annnnnnnd she didnt update :( lol

8 years ago

Lol she lied...guessing she got her period ????????????????????

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo