Community post

Discussion

Blighted Ovum...

I took a FR6days sooner test on 3/13/14. It was positive. I went to the OBGYN for the first ultra sound on 4/7. She thinks that its a blighted ovum and that I am going to have a miscarriage. I go tomorrow 4/17 for another u/s to see if any progress has been made of if it is infact a blighted ovum.

I had a friend that in 2011 was told the same thing. She waited 2 weeks and went for another u/s. Her son will be 3 this year.

Has any one else just been off by a few days due to an early resulting pregnancy test and had good luck? I have no signs of a miscarriage, infact my pregnancy symptoms are getting more intense (nausea, sore bbs, tiredness). Is that a good sign?

I cant think about anything else and am so nervous as this is mine and DH first ever pregnancy. We have been trying for over year and are so afraid for tomorrow.

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Sorry I don't have any advice to offer but couldn't stop by and not wish you good luck for tomorrow. Hope it all goes well. Xx

10 years ago

I truly had a blighted ovum. No progress was showing at all. My MD gave me medicine to start the miscarriage process on 4/17. It was really rough and painful. I am sharing this for others going through the same thing. It has been a week and I am doing ok. Still sad that I lost my first pregnancy. I have found that feeling alone does not have to be a way of life. Until it happens to you, you dont hear much about it. I recently found out that my grandmother lost 2, 2 of my aunts each lost 1, my sister lost 1 and that I am not alone. I did not know any of this until I had one. My DH and I were so excited and happy after a year of trying that we told some of our closer family (who then passed the word as they were excited as well). We know that this was not a once in a lifetime chance and will be trying as soon as we can. I really felt the need to share this story so others know they are not alone.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo