Community post

Discussion

Just got my BFP! Started bleeding the next day..

Hey!
I'm wondering if anyone has been through the same thing as I am going through right now..

Got my BFP on Aug 22nd! The day AF was due. Started spotting that night. The next day it got heavier, almost like a normal period, this lasted for 2 days. Today it is very light, only there when I wipe (sorry TMI) !
I took another test today and the line is even darker than it was on the first test!
Could I still be pregnant??

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Yes you could still be pregnant. The fact that the line is darker is a good sign. Some women still have their cycles while they are pregnant. But just to be safe you should contact your doctor they maybe can get you in for an early exam just to make sure its nothing else.

8 years ago

Thanks MissB!
I contacted my doctor and explained everything, he told me he wont be able to get me in for another week and a half! As you can guess I was extremely frustrated! He advised me to test everyday to confirm that the line is getting darker. If the line is getting lighter then I have probably miscarried. I am not holding out much hope as I have already had 3 miscarriage and an ectopic pregnancy.
Keeping everything crossed though!!

8 years ago • Post starter

I'm curious what your result was. I'm having similar period-like bleeding at 4 weeks. I got a BFP yesterday morning and starting bleeding yesterday afternoon and hasn't stopped yet.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo