Community post

Discussion

New member, IB or something? Driving myself crazy. ;)

Hi everybody! I just joined this site two days ago. I'm 35 years old, and my husband and I have been TTC #1 for a while now. I went off the pill about a year ago, but we only began using OPKs and keeping track of things more formally in November.

I'm on 10dpo, so really early to try to test just yet. I've been super on-edge for the last two days because I've had some light spotting on day 8 and day 9 after I ovulated. Since we've never been through this before, I'm not sure if what I'm seeing could be implantation bleeding or something else. At 8dpo, it was a drop or two of brown blood in my underwear-- it almost looked like the really light "breakthrough bleeding" I'd sometimes see when I was on the pill. Yesterday, at 9dpo, it was a little drop of pink blood on the tissue after I used the washroom.

Every month, I end up imagining symptoms that could be signs of pregnancy, and every month I end up with a negative. This is weird and different, because I sure as heck can't be imagining the fact that I'm seeing little bits of blood when I'm not due to start menstruating until 22 April. I keep trying to think of other things that could be causing the spotting in an effort not to get my hopes up only to be disappointed, but it is really hard.

I'm not really sure what I'm hoping to accomplish by posting, but I needed to vent to someone, and my husband just looks overwhelmed when I try to explain "girl stuff" to him. ;)

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi! Anything different in a cycle is a good thing so this could be your time! I would wait to test until your AF is late to hopefully be sure you're pregnant. Good luck and baby dust to you!

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo