Community post

Discussion

Looking for stories of happy endings - TTC after 3mc

Hi,

I'm currently 34. I've been trying to have a happy healthy baby since I first became pregnany in Oct. of 2012. At the time my future husband and I were not actively trying to get pregnant.

We suffered a loss in early Dec. 2012 and have been trying on and off since then. We got pregnant two more times but suffered two more miscarriages around the 10 and 8 wk marks.

We are emotionally ready to try again. We both wanted a big family - 4 kids. At this point I would be happy with one healthy baby.

I'm hoping to hear from women who have suffered multiple losses who then go on to have healthy babies as a source of inspiration and renewed hope.

User Image

5 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I am so sorry, you have had such a hard time! It breaks my heart for you, I cant give you a happy story, well because I am still trying just to get preggers.. after 2 years of trying, I just wanted to let you know that someone has read your post and give you the support that I could.

10 years ago

Hi there I'm sorry about your losses, I know how hard it can be. We had been trying 4 2 years and within a space of a year in that I have had 3 miscarriages. I had all the bloods done and a dye test done and all came normal. I couldn't understand why it kept happening to me all the time. My consultant said it was just down to pure bad Luck and bad eggs. He told me to start taking 150mg baby asprin so I did. And that month I fell pregnant again. I'm now nearnly 10 weeks pregnant and going great at the moment. So just hang in there Hun I know it's hard but it will happen 1 day, I just told myself to stop trying to hard and it happened 4 me. Good luck and baby dust to u and if u ever fancy a chat just message me I'm always about xx

10 years ago

Helly_79 I am here to let you know that there IS hope and there are success stories for women with recurrent miscarriages and I even have severe endometriosis. I had 2 miscarriages in my early and mid 20's (one was a blighted ovum and one was at 10+ weeks). At 28 I gave birth to my oldest daughter (I was placed on progesterone suppositories for first 3 months)-text book pregnancy! We started trying for another child and suffered 3 more losses over 8 years (all early miscarriages). At 37 I gave birth to our second daughter (again I used progesterone suppositories)-another text book pregnancy! For the last 4 years we have not been trying but have not been preventing either (we just assumed with endo and my advancing age there was no chance). Surprise....3 months ago I became pregnant for the 8th time unfortunately I suffered my 6th miscarriage at 7 weeks. It has made me wonder if we are meant to try for one more? I just want you to know that there are success stories out there.....after 6 miscarriages - because of my faith and two amazing daughters I still have hope, and I'm an "old woman"!! You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

9 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the words of support and encouragement. I hope that some day soon I will get pregnant and go on to have a healthy baby.

@ heatherannm10 & Cakesbeans
I hope you both get pregnant and have beautiful healthy babies.

@ Therose69 How is your pregnancy going? I wish you a happy and healthy 9mo.

User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

I am so sorry to read about your losses! I just wanted to share a little bit of my story since I've struggled with miscarriage as well. I had 3 losses before my son was born in 2010. The first loss was at 10 wks, the next two were at 6 and 5 wks. I had a whole range of tests done, and everything seemed "pretty much normal". What ended up working for me was progesterone supplements, which I started at 3 DPO the cycle I got pregnant with my son.

I'd also highly recommend getting your thyroid tested if you haven't already. A friend of mine was dealing with losses at the same time I was and had 3 MC's, all late in the 1st trimester. Turns out she had an under active thyroid. She went on medication for it and went on to have 2 full-term pregnancies and healthy babies.

Either way, I hope you get some answers, and your "rainbow baby" soon! :)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo