Community post

Discussion

Earlier pregnancies were perfect, Now struggling TTC

Hi, I am 41 and I have 3 children from a previous marriage, age 24,20 and 14. I have been with my partner of 2 and half years he does not have children and we have been TTC.

We got pregnant Oct 2013 but ended at 5 weeks, then Jan 2014 ended 4 weeks Chemical and again Feb 2014 ended 4 weeks Chemical. Since then I have been charting and taking extra Omega 3, Aspirin, and taken prenatals for 12 months.

I am 8DPO and I feel like I am out again this month, my HPT are neg and im just worn out. I went to see my consultant yesterday and she said that I had managed to get pregnant so nothing wrong with the sperm and maybe it was some kind of antibodies but unlikely as I have had 3 perfectly healthy pregnancies with no problems before.

If there is anyone else here in similar situation it would be nice to chit chat and support one another?

I also have a vote on another site about items that pregnant women have used to get pregnant after TTC for a while, and pressed/conceive plus softcups/mooncups/divacups have all helped. Are any of you trying that? I am now trying Conceive plus with a mooncup :)

Hope we get our Rainbow babies and Healthy Babies.. Baby dust to all x

7 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hey Hun I'm in a similar boat,

I will be 40 next month I too have 3 kids 17,7 and
3. Oldest from previous relationship and 2 youngest
From previous marriage.

My SO if 39 and he too has no children he
was married for 16 years no children with ex.

He has no fertility issues. Me either accept we've have
Also been ttc for last year. My OB put me on
Clomid to help with the process (I ovulate on on my own)
She said because of my age ha! Who knew 39 was considered
Old . I'm split on this cycle 1/2 of me feels like I may have
A chance at catching the egg the other half not so much.

I test in 3 days will probably test tonight though
Patience is not in my vocabulary. Did you ask your MD about fertility help?
Oh yeah I too had 1 miscarriage @ 5 weeks

Your not alone

10 years ago

Hi Josesgirl, thank you for the reply, would be nice to know how you get on :)
Good luck!!!
My Dr said she wanted to test for antibodies as we seem to be getting pregnant ok, so she does not think we need anything :( I think because I am 41 she just thinks im old get over it.

When I have the blood test in a few weeks time(I have to wait a few weeks as I had a mc in march and you have to wait a few weeks) and she will contact me with the results the way she said that I don;t think I will be seeing her again :(

10 years ago • Post starter

I am 41 and I have 22 yr old and a 19 yr old from previous marriage..my partner has an 18 yr old and an 11 yr old from previous too. ..I had never wanted any more children as I was quite happy with my two...however..we fell pregnant in oct 2013 and although shocked..we were over the moon to be having a child together..but on 31st jan we got the news that there was no heartbeat..so now...we want a child together so badly...this is my second cycle of ttc and im on cd19...and 7dpo...fc for you all xx

10 years ago

Hi amlere sorry to hear about your loss, I hope that you manage to get your SHBFP soon... there is a forum I chat in and there are women 41 42 and 44 pregnant, so it does happen... hope it happens for us soon x

I am CD3 just had a chemical, my 4th.. I had 4 days of pos tests then a negative then bleed :( x

Hi my name is Ruksana I am in the same situation as yourself. I would love it if we could be Ttc buddies

10 years ago

I'm 40, you remind me to take my ubiquinol, royal jelly and prenatal with folic acid. I'm trying to strengthen my eggs. In some countries women over 40 are taking dhea for this reason

I'm still waiting to concieve, have had 1 IUI but I've only been trying for 4 cycles. I have an AMH of less than 1 :(

10 years ago

shafina im so sorry to hear about your losses too.... yes it would be nice to be ttc friends here :) Are you trying again straight away? x

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo