Community post

Discussion

Doctor today told my husband and I we need fertility treat..

So... My husband and I have been TTC for 1yr and 4months and absolutely nothing has happened, no chemical pregnancy , no miscarry, not even a glimpse of hope. I had made an appt with my OBGYN for this afternoon just to see what she thinks. Now I do get 4-5 ovarian cysts a yr so I know that decreases my chances almost by half the yr. So I know we have that issue, but when I told her we're still having a hard time she immediately said you have to go to a fertility center to help you get pregnant.... Now I thought you were supposed to go through a series of tests before they got to that conclusion?? But 38th only knowing it's been a yr and a couple months and knowing I get cysts she quickly have me a card and that's it.... But I know I can't afford the fertility treatments, is there anything anyone could say or give me advice on how they got pregnant after so long???

7 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

***but with only knowing

8 years ago • Post starter

Hey there! This is my first response on the site! I have being trying fertility treatments for 2 cycles so far, my gyno recommended as I have ttc for 1 and 6 months and also have pcos. Anyways, I got all my tests done at the fertility clinic and went from there. Check with your insurance some insurances cover a percentage of costs, and you don't know which treatment you will be needing. Usually they start off with inducing ovulation meds like clomid, and go from there if you need progesterone shots or to do an iui. Which is insemination. Then ivf. So don't feel bummed out if your doctor refers to a fertility clinic because it doesn't seem too scary as it sounds!

GOOD LUCK!

8 years ago

Hey there! This is my first response on the site! I have being trying fertility treatments for 2 cycles so far, my gyno recommended as I have ttc for 1 and 6 months and also have pcos. Anyways, I got all my tests done at the fertility clinic and went from there. Check with your insurance some insurances cover a percentage of costs, and you don't know which treatment you will be needing. Usually they start off with inducing ovulation meds like clomid, and go from there if you need progesterone shots or to do an iui. Which is insemination. Then ivf. So don't feel bummed out if your doctor refers to a fertility clinic because it doesn't seem too scary as it sounds!

GOOD LUCK!

8 years ago

GOOD LUCK!

8 years ago

GOOD LUCK!

8 years ago

GOOD LUCK!

8 years ago

GOOD LUCK!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo