Community post

Discussion

Cryptic pregnancy, keeping my mind busy!!

So, it looks like I am the 1/450 who is suffering from a cryptic pregnancy! I have been trying to prove to drs that I am pregnant for 42 days now! 2 hospital visits and 3 dr visits come friday, 2 lots of bloods taken - both with a HCG level of 2 and countless pregnancy tests! Some faint positives and most totally negative!!
I was on Rigevidon and my weight is very low - 6st 9lb, and was told when I was 15 that I couldn't have children.
Well a year after that I found out I was pregnant with my beautiful son, who is now 5 and sat next to me playing Sonic like a pro!
Any way, I have countless pregnancy symptoms, but the one that most caught my attention was the metallic taste in my mouth which is always there now, it started so quickly and had a rush of dizziness at the same time on 12/07. Since then a lot of symptoms have been popping up, I was 10 days late on my 'period' it usually starts CD28, came CD38 and my last one before this was ridiculously nothing like a period. As you may conclude from this post, no doctor is going to believe me and they all think I'm clinically insane! Great fun for me! They all think it's all in my head and that I want a baby so bad that i'm imagining it! I was on Rigevidon fgs and was looking into starting uni in sept! NOOOO! The last thing I wanted was for morning sickness to put me off of my dreams! lol!
But ho hum! I am definitely pregnant, unsure of how far along due to no HCG and no one even helping me to get an ultrasound! I can feel the top of my uterus just an inch above my pubic bone when I have a full bladder (I know it's not my bladder, otherwise when I push on it I'd wet my pants! I recognise the ball feeling from my DS whom I'd felt my uterus with at 10 weeks! Yes it's possible if you're as tiny as I am! I could be months gone! Typically a cryptic pregnancy lasts 17 months to 3/4 years!? It's very scary to say the least! And reading all about having to prepare for a home birth just in case is the worst part! I'm only 22 and have my DS at home and my partner but I have NO family living around me, they're all either side of the country and I'm right in the middle. It takes a minimum of 2 hours to get to them so I'm damned for help if I need it! This is my partners first child, so he has NO idea what to do or even say to make me feel better and I know for a fact he will be helpless in birthing, but I'm going to get him reading all sorts of books on home birth just in case I feel sorry for him more than I do myself, he's really stressed about it... I think he's scared too. But i'm looking after him, I hate seeing him struggle with anything!
I really needed to get this all off of my chest, after so long of failed appointments, drs and nurses laughing at me and telling me I'm psycho, I need to turn to people who will understand and help me a little more through it... And maybe, this post will help another lady going through the same one day, I wouldn't wish this way of pregnancy upon anyone. I wished that something exciting and cool would happen to me again... this is definitely not what I was expecting!! Thanks mother nature you really got me good this time hehe!

Is anyone else suffering the same or similar? I'm thinking of investing in a fetal doppler, maybe I can monitor my baby that way? I know it won't be long until I hear the heartbeat now.
I have a drs appointment on friday, hopefully I'll get the scan I wanted at my last hospital visit... They took my bloods and did a FBC, then monitored my heart on one of those electrode machines (I felt like a spider -.- lol!) and did a proper MOT on me... I am apparently a perfectly healthy young lady and the only thing I can do is put on some weight! I have no signs of any cysts, fibroids, or anything wrong with my reproductive system, I have spent countless hours researching anything and everything that could be wrong other than a cryptic pregnancy, and I have found nothing as indicative as that. Just a very very long waiting game for me! I wish I could just see inside my body!!!!
Any way, to all who are TTC... to those who are expecting and to everyone in the same boat as me!
Thank you for reading my life story and I apologize for the length xx

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

So this morning I had my Doctors appointment!
I went in and expressed my concerns to this new doctor, as soon as I said cryptic pregnancy she seemed to know exactly what I was on about!! she weighed me and checked my heart rate etc bpm 106/78.
Checked my tummy (not low enough I say!!) but found nothing out of the norm that she was immediately concerned about, she weighed me too and since all of this started I lost around 3-5lb, so, saying this, how comes I look like I've lost a stone around my hips!? they're sticking out really bad and the mound in the middle of my lower abd is so prominent! It's mental!
Just this morning on my way to the doctors I started getting bad cramping to my right side, and my lower back is KILLING!
Anyhooo, She has booked me an ultrasound appointment, prescribed me heartburn tablets and given me a blood test sheet so I can get tested for other things... Liver function, thyroid function, bone profile, reactive protein, ca125 (what the hell is that?) ESR (that too?) Ferritin and urea and electrolytes! 3 damn vials they want to snatch from my ever drained veins! :( Poor arms are going to fall off if they carry on!
Hopefully soon I will have at least an idea of an answer, I am so uncertain of anything right now, even it being a 'cryptic' although the doctor said herself that it seems really possible at this point and she's not surprised I'm thinking it's a possibility. Here was me thinking that every doctor I go to will think I'm a mental patient! Well, it looks like we're finally getting somewhere!

I have been working for 3 nights, which is awesome! tonight is my last night, I clean offices and by gosh it's hard work when you feel this cr*ppy, have a DH and DS to look after and feed, and my hours are totally stupid, but how could I turn down £9.75 ph and the opportunity to put that I worked for the government on my CV

I'm going to try my hardest to eat as much as I can to prevent any further weight loss, I can't afford to lose more weight if it's causing such a huge affect on the way I look! I've been anorexic since I was 6 years old, it's been the hardest thing to pull through and I can only really do it alone, other people forcing me to eat makes me lose my appetite!
Oh well, I'm sure it's nothing a bit of weight gain powder can't help me with

Anyway, I best be off! I'll keep you updated :)

8 years ago • Post starter

Soooooo I'm back!! After a long while watching my body drastically change I am now on CD67 and have 3 more sleeps until my ultrasound!
I have been feeling movement and little leggies in there and my belly has grown abundantly! We are assuming/guessing that I am around 14-22 weeks, my mothers guess was 14, mine is 20 and my other half guesses negative - wishful thinking Mr! ;) lol!

The movement I have been feeling has been all around my belly and I've been having feelings of fullness/heaviness and also a lot of feeling like I need a number 2! How lovely oh little one!
I found my babies heartbeat on my doppler but I dismissed it as wind woops!! It certainly wasn't! His heartbeat sounds like a little tap dancer/running horses! and the movement sounds like a wobble board! What a lovely surprise!!
Anyone want to take a guess at how many weeks I am?
I still have had no still all BFN! but I am absolutely, definitely pregnant!! Either that or I am carrying an alien! But I have no doubt here!

I'm just so annoyed that I couldn't have known sooner, but I know for a fact everything happens for a reason! Both of my babies are special in one way or the other!
My first (DS, 5yo) was 'a miracle', I was told at 15 years old I was unable to have children due to my Anorexia Nervosa Disorder, I dropped to a stifling 5st 11lb just before I found out I was pregnant with my DS! My little miracle! <3 Still had no idea how it happened but then was told by my dr that I 'only ovulate once a year at the same time so I will find it mighty hard to ever fall pregnant again', Well it certainly seems to me that it isn't too difficult considering I was actually on Rigevidon!!!! Stupid drs and their bull prescription drugs!!
So my second one shows no HCG at all, it builds up to just enough to make a slight line appear, but then drops back down after I get a period, yes, I have been having periods too!! NEVER DENY THE METALLIC TASTE IN YOUR MOUTH AND GROWING TUM!!
I will post up my photos once I have been for my ultrasound!

everyone

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo