Community post

Discussion

I'm 42, single, TTC with donor sperm/ IUI. Anybody else?

I'm single (never married) and trying to conceive before it's too late. I just turned 42 on July 25. I've had an IUI for my last 4 cycles using sperm from my good friend (we have a "Known Donor" contract, he is married). So far no luck. I have a very good AMH for my age and my HSG showed no blocked tubes. I did 3 months of preparing with acupuncture, vitamins and yoga, and have continued with all of it. Everything looks good and my RE says he is confident it will happen, but I'm starting to worry, especially since my 42nd birthday. It's been very difficult going through such a nerve racking experience alone. Both of my parents passed away many years ago- so I can't even call up my Mom (who would be thrilled if she were here!)
Is there anybody else who is doing IUIs? Or is doing this alone? I'm trying to avoid clomid and other fertility drugs, but I'm wondering if it's time to give up on natural. Any thoughts on that?

thank you and good vibes, ladies!!

6 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hi Sabby's Mom,
Good luck to you. It is so hard to make these decisions. I am doing IUIs with Femara. Clomid really messed up my cycle and gave me a cyst. Actually, the Femara gave me a cyst this cycle too, but at least didn't give me a 72 day cycle. I also had a failed IVF previously. I don't know. When the eggs are older, I think it is a matter of just finding a good one and cycling through enough of them to improve your odds.

8 years ago

Hi late,
When you mentioned good eggs I thought to ask if you are taking anything to improve the quality? I have read about lots of supplements that help. Since I was ignorant for so long I though I would check, I'm sure you prob know more than me but it does no harm to check.

8 years ago

Thanks, Latetothegame. I'm still trying natural IUI's. I will have my 6th one in the next couple days. I may break down and try chlomid next month if I don't conceive this month. This is the last month that I can get pregnant and still deliver while I'm 42. If I get pregnant next month, I will be 43 when I deliver and that worries me.

Kerzie, I take CoQ10 and Royal Jelly for eggs/ fertility. I've been taking the CoQ10 since February, but just started the Royal Jelly this week.

8 years ago • Post starter

I took Clomid x1 cycle of IUI and Femera x5 no success, I used sperm bank sperm, took a break then used a known donor and home insemination with cycles clomid and 7 weeks pregnant, I will be 37 when baby born. Use the drugs my suggestion I needed it related to my hormone levels... How did things turn out for you?

8 years ago

Thanks for your reply! I did try clomid for IUI 7 and 8 with no luck. I've decided to do IVF this cycle and I start that medication tomorrow. If IVF doesn't work I'll be throwing in the towel. I'll have exhausted all my options and credit at that point.

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi sabby,
I'm sorry things haven't worked out for you yet but don't give up. If you take a break remember you can always "do it yourself" at home, who knows if the pressure is off and your relaxed at home it might just work. Best bit, no medical bills, you just have to get some medicine syringes and some sterile cups. You can put a cushion under your butt, watch telly and give the swimmers all the time they need to find their way ????????
You always have options sweetie and it will all be worth it when you hold a wee baby in your arms. Don't ever look back in life and wonder what if....

Sending mountains of baby dust xxx

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo