Community post

Discussion

femara after clomid failed what a huge difference! PCOS

Just wanted to post because I know I was searching for info on femara vs clomid and for anyone in my situation before I started taking the femara this month. So we've been ttc 7 years but really trying for 5. Up until Feb. this year I was only seeing regular doctor and given metformin that was increased up to 2000mg a day over the years. We tried fertillaid and vitex and vitamins and bbt charting but nothing worked and we knew I have PCOS(diagnosed 2010) So in Feb we went to a fertility center did 4 cycles of clomid, first 50mg,then 100mg, then 2 cycles of 150mg. Best response was one follicle 16.5mm went on to ovulate naturally on cd 18 but bfn. So this time RE switched to femara and started right off with 7.5mg(strongest he said he can go) and had us order ovidrill trigger shot. Today is cd 14 and just got back from my follicle scan and am so happy there was a great response. Lining 8.5 left side dominant follicle 21.5mm,another at 16mm, another at 12.5 and another the tech just said was under 10mm so didnt count. On right side there was a 10.5mm and a few smaller. We were told to trigger tomorrow morning! I went from at best having one follicle (there was never more than one even smaller ones) to having 2 really good ones and some smaller. My lining on clomid was not as good best was 7.5mm. I hope this helps someone searching for info on if they will respond better to femara than clomid. Everyone's different but it has me hopeful! Also have to say the side effects were completely different. On clomid I had the WORST mood swings, terrible headaches and I just felt drained. On femara no mood swings just got a little depressed on 3rd day of taking it but maybe wasnt the femara I was having a bad day in general. My back started hurting badly and on last day of my pill it actually woke me up out of a sound sleep. That scared me until I read that back pain is a side effect of it. Anyway 16days from now I get to test and see if it REALLY worked fingers crossed we get our bfp finally!

0 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo