Community post

Discussion

First IVF about to start, being optimistic...

Hi Guys, after 2 and �½ years of TTC and 2 failed IUIs is Sept and Oct 2013 (Hubby has LOTS of sperm, just low motility) we are about to start our IVF journey. I just turned 29 and DH is 28. We have cleared all the pre-work, just waiting for AF due Monday 07/04/2014. I am trying not to get my hopes too high, but being optimistic about it all.

Can any of you please share your IVF outcomes?

What were your fertility issues:
How many babies:

TTC for 3 years. Me 29 Hubby 28 We were initially told Male fertility, low motility and now we have been told we have 'unexplained infertility' Failed iui #1 Sept 2013 Failed iui #2 Oct 2013 Failed IVF #1 - May 2014 - no eggs were fertilized. apparently my eggs rejected hubbys swimmers in IVF, im still not sure what this is called, but looks like our Fertility issue is that my antibodies may be rejecting hubby....

16 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 16 Replies | Last Page

I'll go first: Started ttc at 33

How many IVF attempts before your BFP: 0
What were your fertility issues: Unexplained, low AMH
How many babies: 1 natural one with out IVF aged 38

Not helpful I know. They forgot to give me the AMH test before IVF injections then wondered why I only produce one good egg. I couldn't even start the embryo making stage :(
Then told me I had no chance, then I concieved on my own!

So I would say your chances a way better and you should go for it!

10 years ago

Sorry I'm not much help to you...never had ivf but also haven't managed to conceive yet :/
Just wanted to wish you good luck and I hope you get lucky first time x

10 years ago

My husband & I are on the same journey as you. After 3 yrs, 6 iui's & 2 miscarriages, we have decided on Ivf. I am still in the process of getting the paperwork wrapped up, but hopefully with my May cycle we will be ready to go. I am 38 & overweight. Dr says that I have the egg production of a 27 yr old & my husband counts are through the roof, but for whatever reason we are not getting pregs. I am hoping this will do the trick. We have decided, no more than 2 implants. This is a safe about. It increases our chances, but won't put me at risk if we do conceive with 2. Best of luck on your journey. I will be watching for your posts

Dot

10 years ago

thanks girls :)

dbrissette we are only doing 1 implant as the clinic (and the clinic we did our iuis with also) strongly recommends only 1 - where are you based?

i will update again after dr appointment on weds :)

hoping our first attempt works because we can only afford 1 cycle of IVF

TTC for 3 years. Me 29 Hubby 28 We were initially told Male fertility, low motility and now we have been told we have 'unexplained infertility' Failed iui #1 Sept 2013 Failed iui #2 Oct 2013 Failed IVF #1 - May 2014 - no eggs were fertilized. apparently my eggs rejected hubbys swimmers in IVF, im still not sure what this is called, but looks like our Fertility issue is that my antibodies may be rejecting hubby....

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi anyone who is following this forum :) so we had our dr appointment yesterday and i started the pill yesterday! so weird starting the pill again lol i think i have to take it for approx 2 weeks to give my ovaries a rest from ovulating this month and also to take it so that the ivf clinic have control over my next period.

for the last 2 years we have been told that our fertility problem is due to low sperm motility. we have been told this from 3 different doctors. well our ivf doctor has put as down as unexplained infertility now.

he said hubby has sooo many sperm with low motility but because he has so many, the low % that are motile is higher than the normal man because of the amount of sperm he actually has. so in saying that he doesnt believe our fertility is due to the sperm. he also said that IVF has probably been our only chance all along, wish i knew this 2 years ago!!!

10 years ago • Post starter

update -
hi guys so originally i was told my procedure to take my eggs out would happen today 09/05/2014 but after my consult they sent me out my time table and instead they have changed all my times around - i dont know why. He pretty much kept me on the pill for twice as long, so my normal period was due last tues but they are trying to time it so it comes a week late (way to put my cycle off.)

i take my last pill today 09/05.

i start my first lot of injects for 5 days on weds night. followed by 2 injections for 5-7 days after that. i will than have a trigger shot on appox 24/05, egg collected 26/05 and then they will put the fertilised egg back in 30/05. they will only put 1 back in.

fingers crossed all the meds etc go well and when it comes to egg retrieval 26/05 that we have some good eggs and that they all take and last to day 5 when they are put back in.

anyone else going through this or have any feedback or comments on ivf!?!?!

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi 2cute4u85

I had an IVF cycle 11/2013, but that didn't work out. However, I am starting another cycle today.

How many IVF attempts before your BFP: 1 BFP with IUI Jan 2014
What were your fertility issues: high prolactin, hypothyroidism
How many babies: none yet, but fx for this cycle!

Are you still having your eggs retrieve in 2 days?

9 years ago

Hi there, I had scans Friday and again Monday. Friday I have 10 follys growing all just slightly over 10mm and you would know they need to reach 18mm before they are good to go. They did advise on Friday thay egg retrieval might be moved back pending on the growth over the weekend. They increased my injections since Friday to help make them grow faster I think lol but I will know tomorrow arvo if it will be Wednesday or maybe Thurs or Fri... :-) where about are you in the process?

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi!
I can't answer your IVF questions yet, but I hope you don'r mind me hopping on to the thread because I am in the same boat as you.

I'm 33, TTC for 4 years, one cycle of IUI cancelled and another unsuccessful and am about to start IVF.

I don't really have any idea of what's in store for us so I appreciate any info shared regarding meds, how long it takes from start to finish etc.

9 years ago

Hi jojogo and 2cute4u85. I found this site and thought it was very informative for those of us undergoing IVF. Just thought I would share:

http://www.advancedfertility.com/ivfstim.htm.

How are you 2 doing?

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo