Community post

Discussion

Have I got my timings right?

Hello, very new to this whole scene, although I've been lurking around and reading the boards for a few weeks.

We are ttc our first baby, and I am a bit overwhelmed with all the dates and timings etc so wondered if anyone could help. I was meant to not be worrying about the details yet, ntnp etc etc, but, as I should have guessed it's all instantly become a bit of an obsession and all I can think about is getting pregnant, hence reading up on everything and now panicking about timings etc.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I came off the pill a couple of months ago and think I have slotted back to a 'normal cycle', 26/27 days. I had a normal period last month. This month I started using OPKs and watched the lines get darker over a day and a half until I got a smiley face on First Response last night at 8pm. Me and hubby dtd last night at about 11pm, and we had already done so for the two days before the positive opk. Is this the right kind of timing for ttc, or was that all too early and I should be aiming for today (ovulation day, I think)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am loving learning about all of this, but it is also a bit overwhelming and I don't want to get the wrong end of the stick and get my hopes up when there's actually no chance at all!

Thanks x

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Statistically your best chances for conception come from sex two days before ovulation. That is followed by the day before then day of ovulation. So your timing sounds excellent.

10 years ago

Thanks for your reply Shelob, that's what I hoped so I will keep my fingers crossed.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo