Community post

Discussion

First period after giving birth...

Hi everyone, I have a question for those who had had children already. I gave birth to my little boy nearly 8months ago. My husband and I didn't want a big gap between siblings. I solely breastfed until LO was 5 and a half months. He's now completely weened off and on solids and formula. I since then had been doing ovulation tests when I noticed changes in my body. I got a positive OV test on the 4 and 5 this month. My husband and I had sex one 6th. We have not tried at all for a baby and would not be uspswt if not pregnant. My question is... What I think is my period has started but for my calculation has started a good 3-4 days early. It's much lighter than I usually have. Is this normal after giving birth? Many people told me that's the first period after giving birth is the worst ever! When I feel pregnant with my son I had a similar thing. Had what I thought was a light/short period for me and then after it finished something just didn't feel right so I took a test and it was positive. I'm now starting to wonder if this is similar? Or is it wishful thinking? Thanks for all answer and help. Becci xxx

0 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo