Community post

Discussion

April IUI/IVF 2014

View Full Post

Anyone trying for IUI or IVF in April 2014?

344 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

111 - 120 of 344 Replies | Last Page

Texasgirl13, How elevated is your hcg? If it is over 10, you're probably pregnant. If it is lower than that, it *could* be a sign of pregnancy, but most women have a bit of hcg all the time (less than 5). Menopausal women and women approaching menopause have a bit more hcg in their systems (maybe up to 10) - that's why they say not to use a really sensitive hpt for those women because you could just pick up the hcg that's always hanging about instead of a pregnancy.

Progesterone over 5 means you ovulated, so that's good. But it is a bit low for sustaining pregnancy until it rises.

Prometrium sounds like an excellent plan either way.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Yes, I started bleeding 3/15 and they told me to keep taking progesterone because it was only 9dpiui- when I stopped taking in after negative beta on 3/20 they said I would have a withdrawal bleed. Now 20 days later, still no bleeding, so they did progesterone today to see if I ovulated. I know I did between 3/29 and 4/1- so we shall see what my level is today!

Texas- I hope your elevated hcg means your are Pregnant!

10 years ago

Texas- I too hope your HCG level was high enough to indicate pregnancy... it would totally make sense with all the wierdness you've had going on this cycle!!! Make sure to take the progesterone supplement to raise that level so you don't miscarry from low progesterone!!!

Smith- wow that's crazy.. so you started bleeding and had a regular period while you were still taking progesterone huh? Did you also have period cramping and all that or did the progesterone mask that?
I'm asking because I'm 12 DPO today and since yesterday I've had very, very light af cramping. I'm wondering if my period is trying to come and can't since I'm on progesterone supplements. It's really weird because the cramping is very mild and it comes and goes in waves so I'm wondering if the progesterone is doing that (usually I'll cramp and keep cramping until af comes)... I think I'm going to test tomorrow and take it from there..
Just wanted to hear your experience from progesterone since I'm so new to it. :)
Best of luck and I hope you ovulated and caught that egg!!!

User Image

10 years ago

They did not give me the number only that it was elevated enough to start progesterone pills that same day. I take them at night. Thank goodness for pills and not the other kind. Today I feel ok woke up with sore throat and gums swollen. Back killling me. Was bfn this morning.

10 years ago

They did not give me the number only that it was elevated enough to start progesterone pills that same day. I take them at night. Thank goodness for pills and not the other kind. Today I feel ok woke up with sore throat and gums swollen. Back killling me. Was bfn this morning.

10 years ago

Texas you're only 10 DPO today so BFN may be expected! You're so lucky they gave you the pill form... The vaginal suppositories suck! Lol!
I'm testing tomorrow (I'll be 13DPO) but don't have a very good feeling.. We'll see!

User Image

10 years ago

Girl let me know as soon as you test. I was not going to test today but kept having these dreams where I tested positive so I was like oh what the hey! Lol. Will progesterone keep me from having my cycle?

10 years ago

I've googled it like crazy! So, some girls get their period even on progesterone supplements and some don't, I think it also depends on the dosage. That's why I'm testing tomorrow.. If it's BFN at 13dpo then for sure I'm out and I'll stop taking it and my period will show.
BFP dreams huh?? Nice!!

User Image

10 years ago

Yah but I woke up to a bfn.

10 years ago

Texas, isn't 11dpo to soon to test, you are as obsessed as the rest of us ;)

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo