Community post

Discussion

April IUI/IVF 2014

View Full Post

Anyone trying for IUI or IVF in April 2014?

344 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 344 Replies | Last Page

I'm going to be doing my 4th IUI (first with injectable medications) this cycle. I'll find out my exact protocol tomorrow at my baseline ultrasound.

http://infertilitywhyme.wordpress.com/ TTC #1 - 23 months and counting Male Factor Infertility IUI #4 - Chemical Pregnancy???? IUI #5 - Ectopic Pregnancy???? IUI #6 ~ Dec 14/Jan 15

10 years ago

So the RE nurse called today after doc read my chart. I told her we were going to take a month off. She said RE would like to have a consult with us to discuss options. I made an appointment for next week. It seems like he may convince us to do ivf and with hearing the process, seems like the only painful part is the cost. Looks like we have a lot of thinking to do.

Thanks, essemkay, for sharing your knowledge!!

10 years ago • Post starter

Red I would agree with you on the main point of the ivf process pain is being the cost. Outside of that, there are inconveniences throughout the process but still worth the increased stats you get. You learn a lot more about your overall ability to fertilize embryos and see whether there are any chromosomal issues if you elect pgd.

Essemkay- as always, you provided the most thorough and humorous explanation of the whole process, all was spot on :)

I just got back from my egg transfer and just wrapped up our second acupuncture session of the day (my acupuncturist came to our house). We ended up transferring 3 embryos (1 9cell, 1 8cell and 1 7 cell) to give us the best chances (60%) per the re. Supposedly the acupuncture is supposed to increase chance 12-42% as well and I'm liking these odds :) we are very happy to have completed this process. Now I'm in the tww til my pregnancy test on the 21st :)

If anyone considering ivf has questions, please ask away :) good luck to all of us and may those beans stick :)

10 years ago

Oh wow, Awhittaker, you've got some good odds there! Do you really have to wait til the 21st? I'd think you could test earlier with IVF since they're already several days along. Anyhow, fingers crossed for you!

User Image

10 years ago

Good luck awhitter.
Afm ladies I have had some wicked cramps today. Low and intense. Almost like ants stings at times. Then this afternoon tons on cm returned with the feeling of an uti with strong smelling urine. I went for my blood draw for progesterone have my results tomorrow.

10 years ago

Hey ladies,

I've been reading but hadn't had time to respond.

On the acupuncture, I started about 3 months ago and I had night sweats at night.. Well they totally stopped and I attribute that to acupuncture. She said that my balance was off and my body was getting over heated at night.
I truly believe acupuncture helps! So please try it!

Texas- sorry on your BFNs but it's so early, so don't despair. Your symptoms sound so promising I hope they're pregnancy related! I'm two days ahead of you. 10DPO today been feeling twinges here and there but nothing that's lasted longer than 1minute so don't think it's anything.

Awhittaker- wow 3 embryos! That's great sweets! I wish for some tweenies!!
I hope you can test earlier cause I'll be on pins and needles for you!!

Red- I secretly hope that your BFP will still come since you have no AF yet!!
Regardless, I wish you all the best and if AF comes RE will put you in right direction. Did she say why it hasn't worked so far? Are you guys unexplained?

Jennifer- I did my 3rd IUI last week and it was my first with injectables. Not at all as bad as I thought! Be prepared for many, many mature follies! :)

Essemkay- Bless you sweetie, you've been through so much! I hope your BFP is just around the corner! Did they say why IVFs didn't work?

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks, miracle. AF showed this evening so on to the next month. The real reason RE wants to see us is because DH count during iui was only 6 million. Doc said at 4 million they don't even do the procedure. He's been up and down on count over the last year. Urologist doesn't seem to be supportive. So, that's why I think he may convince us to do ivf. We'll see.

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies- just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

We are on day 25 of this cycle, but not quite certain when I actually ovulated. I did not temp and had positive opks for several days in a row. I am headed in tomorrow for progesterone blood work to confirm ovulation. Since my clinic missed my cycle and had me keep taking progesterone for five days after my period, I wonder if my ovulation cycle was messed up.

Have a great day everyone!!

10 years ago

miracle80, the IVFs did work - or at least 2 out of 3 did. The first one, we transferred 2 day-3 8-cell embryos and got pregnant with twins initially. Lost one, but delivered a happy and healthy little girl who is now 2.5 years old. The second IVF, we transferred 4 day-3 8-10-cell embryos and BFN. The third IVF, we transferred 4 day-5 blasts and got pregnant with one little girl. Sadly, she passed away at 10.5 weeks gestation.

I never had any embryos qualify for freezing (we always transferred the best ones and the criteria for freezing at my clinic is super strict), so I don't have any left.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Red- I see, due to your hubby's low sperm count it may be more beneficial to do IVF. Best of luck sweetie!!! Sorry AF came! Let us know what RE says..

Hey smith- how are you? I'm 2 days behind you at CD23 today. I'm on progesterone supplements too... did your period come while you were on progesterone? and you just kept taking it.

Essemkay- OK, well at least it worked... did they ever tell you why IUIs didn't work? You guys are unexplained right?

Texas- where are you? How was your progesterone???

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo