Community post

Discussion

Has anyone recieved a BFP within weeks of quitting BC?

My DH and I are TTC #1 and I just quit taking birth control (finished out my last pack then didn't continue after starting AF). It's now been a little over 3 weeks since I start my last AF cycle and have been off of BC. We had sex a few times within my predicted ovulation period and I've had many symptoms since, but not sure if i'm just imagining it?? I'm currently 10dpo and here are my symptoms:

-nausea
-lower backache
-had cloudy pee on 7-8dpo
-indigestion after eating
-noticed some visible veins on my right breast this AM
-very vivid dreams the past week or so
-a little more forgetful than usual (haha)
-twinges in lower abdomen
-gas & bloating
-going number 2 more often
-fatigued
-moody
-"just feel pregnant"

I have taken two HPT's...one at 9 dpo and one this morning with 2nd morning pee and both were BFN. :(

Any advice?? Not sure if i'm imagining all of this and it's a side effect of quitting BC or AF coming soon? Also taking prenatals but it doesn't seem to be related. Has anyone had a BFP with a similar situation? We want our first baby so bad, and i'm about to be 30 in a few months! Thanks :)

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Your symptoms seem promising so don't get discouraged by your BFNs just yet. Still early so it can still either be early pg signs or signs of af. Give it a couple more days.. hcg doubles every 2-3 days so hopefully you get your BFP soon.

One of my friends conceived (a surprise) the month right after she got off her BCPs and now has a healthy 1 month old baby girl, so it's possible for your body to regulate right away.

Goodluck!

User Image

10 years ago

It is pretty normal to have a yucky cycle for a month or so post pill.
Your symptoms do sound promising.
When testing always remember to allow implantation to occur(this can be 2-12 days after).This will allow hormones to grow and be picked up on your tests.
I had a horrid cycle first month off my pill I had a lot of preg symptoms
We have to allow time for our bodies to adjust to our natural rhythm
Before we can get an idea of how our cycles work.
It's funny how we get told dont miss a pill you will get pregnant yet those of us TTC can only wish it was that easy, for some it is.
Fingers crossed for your BFP.
Relax and let your body do as it needs, this will help if you are pregnant and also if its transference cycle symptoms.

Keep us posted please.
AFM: 12 DPO just waiting my time to test..

User Image" class="img-responsive" alt="User image">

10 years ago

Thanks everyone! I will keep you posted!

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo