Community post

Discussion

Frustrated please help!!!

Hello all!! I am so frustrated. I was diagnosed last fall with pcos. I am 25. I was prescribed 850mg twice a day of Metformin. That helped make my menstration right on time. Well I went in to the doctor at the end of February and she raised my dose to 1000 a day to see if that would help even more since I wasn't pregnant yet. Well now that my dose was raised I am having terrible side effects. One of them being very painful muscles in my legs. So I called today and she said I need to go down to 1000 mg once a day. I really don't want to take it at all anymore! I have had terrible stomach upset since she put me on it in the fall. But I'm worried if I stop all together then my periods will be all messed up again. I know when she first tested my blood she said I had a very bad lh to lsh ratio. Will that make it hard to conceive? I am also worried because for the past two years I have been spotting for 3 days before my period starts. Could my progesterone levels be off? I really don't want to be taking progesterone pills either. Can that be raised naturally? I'm so confused. I don't think I ovulated this month either. I am menstrating now and it is so heavy. I used 2 different opk's and one was digital and it never indicated I did. I had the advanced clear blue and it just kept saying my estrogen was high. I go in to talk to my doctor on Monday and I do not know what to ask? I am new to this and clueless. My husband and I just want a baby so bad. If anyone can shed some light and advice that would be wonderful! Baby dust to all!!

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Have you looked into herbs at all? Like Vitex an Maca? I have had PCOS for 14 yrs now. I was offered metformin by my doc but no real reason why I should take it. If im not diabetic I see no real reason to take a chemical when my body is so sensitive to them from the pcos. I started taking vitex in July 2013 an by sept was prego! Sadly I lost that pregnancy. But it has helped me ovulate an regulate my period on my own. I added Maca after my loss just to help my hormones a little extra since it was a super food anyway. I also take red raspberry,Apple cider vinegar, Cinnamon, prenatals, an fish oil. All of these help with PCOS an help regulate sugars ect. Herbs take a little longer to get into the system an work but I feel like its the best way for me. I don't need any ill side effects from drugs to add to my list of crap from PCOS. =) btw im 33

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo