Community post

Discussion

Stopping Antidepressant

Hi everyone,
This topic has probably been covered millions of times, so I apologize in advance. I'm thinking of trying for my 2nd baby, but am currently on antidepressants and not sure I'm quite ready to stop taking them. If any of you have been on antidepressants and stopped them, how long did you wait before trying to conceive? There isn't very much official literature (ie. based on sound scientific evidence). Thanks!

4 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi! Was on antidepressants after I had my second miscarriage in January 2014 and I stopped taking mine March 1st because in May we are going to try again for another child. It was hard to stop taking them at first once I got over the hump it got much easier.

I am sorry if this doesn't help me much but you have to do what is right for you and I wish you all the best!

Married: June 9, 2011 "Love Bears all things, hopes all things, & endures all things" TTC Baby #1: January 2012 Baby #1: BFP: February 16, 2012, EDD: October 24, 2012 11-2-2012 @ 12:55am, 41 weeks and 1 day, Kendall Rose was born, weighting 7lb. and 12oz. TTC Baby #2: June 2013 Baby #2: BFP: August 16, 2013, EDD: April 18, 2014, MC: August 24, 2013 "Christian April" TTC Baby #3: BFP: December 31, 2013, EDD: September 8, 2014, M/C: January 28, 2014 "Sweet Pea September" TTC Baby #4: May 2014 and praying hard for another Rainbow Baby!

10 years ago

I would highly recommend talking to your prescribing doctor. Many medications need to be weaned and can have serious side effects if just stopped. That can take a while in an of itself seperate from the time it takes for the stuff to be out of your system before ttc. Perhaps that is why your posted this question, but I thought I would put that out there since no one has mentioned it yet!

Good luck and baby dust to you!

10 years ago

Thank you for your replies. I have weaned off of and discontinued my medication. This is no new process for me, as I've been on and off of them for over 12 years now. I am going to wait a few cycles before actively tryng to get pregnant. My prescribing dr doesn't have too much information on how long is the right amount of time, so I'll go with my gut. BumpkinPatch, I think the Mar1--->May timeline is similar to what I'm thinking... I stopped taking them in the beginning of Apr and will probably try to get pregnant starting in June.

Best wishes to you all!

10 years ago • Post starter

Best wishes to you!

Married: June 9, 2011 "Love Bears all things, hopes all things, & endures all things" TTC Baby #1: January 2012 Baby #1: BFP: February 16, 2012, EDD: October 24, 2012 11-2-2012 @ 12:55am, 41 weeks and 1 day, Kendall Rose was born, weighting 7lb. and 12oz. TTC Baby #2: June 2013 Baby #2: BFP: August 16, 2013, EDD: April 18, 2014, MC: August 24, 2013 "Christian April" TTC Baby #3: BFP: December 31, 2013, EDD: September 8, 2014, M/C: January 28, 2014 "Sweet Pea September" TTC Baby #4: May 2014 and praying hard for another Rainbow Baby!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo