Community post

Discussion

Want to try for twins

I want to try for twins. I did a lot of research on the topic. I know I should make an appointment to see my doctor, but too scared to ask for help. I am afraid he will tell me know he cant help me (mainly because I am 44 years old) Should I call him and tell him my concern or try these supplements out there that is gear to help produce twins?

15 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 15 Replies | Last Page

Are you trying in supplements to get pregnant, I'm taking ubiquinol (to strengthen eggs), Royal Jelly and a prenatal with Folic acid.

I'd would also like to take small doses of DHEA but I can't get it here.

I would be concerned about Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) if you take clomid/vitex. One cycle of that could ruin your chances.

I'm planning a single baby, then first couple of ovulations after the birth I'm going to try have another (sneaky aye)

I'm doing IUI at the moment, the Femara is supposed to increase chances of twins but if it doesn't happen I'm ok with that too.

10 years ago

I already have children, all single birth, just want to have twins for my last time getting pregnant.

10 years ago • Post starter

Hello twinbabieswanted;

I am 43 and also wanting twins...I had some energy work (reiki) done on me, made myself fertility tea with nettle, red clover, red raspberry leaf, maca root, started doubling up on my prenatal vitamins and had sex during the full moon! I took test at 2 weeks after conception but got a bfn and took again at 1 month after with no human proof aka the pink lines but have had a ton of symptoms the last 3 months! I finally feel like i may take a hpt again maybe tonight! My only suggestion is follow your instincts and don't let fear (false evidence appearing real) play any part in you decision to have a child, and stay open to love! If you're ready you'll know and your children (their souls) will find you! Good Luck!

10 years ago

Thank you all. I will try those also. Right now I'm taking cassava supplements.

Here is an update...... I made an appointment to see my GYN later this month. I'm going to ask him my questions and accept whatever decision he makes. I will update you guys after my appointment.

I just came back from my doctor's appointment and just as I expected, all he did was prescribe me prenatal vitamins. I wanted clomid. He said he is not going to prescribe me clomid for no reason. All he suggesst is that I throw away the OPK and just have sex after my period is over.

So moving on to plan B I ordered clomid and I am taking cassava supplements. Either I'm going to make this happened or I will TTC for a girl.

By the way, I still waiting for AF to come. She's coming because I am waiting to TTC for tins when the time is right. So right now there will be no BD for me.

AF came right on time. So I can start the next phase.

I did receive my clomid via USPS on CD5 and started on that day. I feel fine just waiting for the next step. Just letting you know.

9 years ago • Post starter

Ok, I expected AF to show up tomorrow but it showed up today. Now I can take my second round of clomid. Last cycle I took it on CD5 to CD9. This time I'm going to take it on CD3 to CD7. Now that I had the practice BD with my SO, this time I'm going to make sure we continue once AF goes home. ð???ð???ð???ð???. Baby dust to all ð???ð???ð???ð???ð???ð???ð???ð???ð???

Ok my AF is schedule to arrive in 3 days. I took clomid (my second cycle) on CD 3 to CD 7. I did not take clomid last cycle because I wanted to rest in between cycles before start the next round. I have sex once on my fertile days and sex one week later. I hope it was enough to give me a BFP. if AF decides not to come, I'll test at the end of the month. I'm starting to give up on my twins or one more girl. Seven, yes I said seven, children is more than enough. I just wanted a chance to conceive twins before I retired (on having more children).

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo