Community post

Discussion

Re-start the process AF showed her ugly face....

So I am new to the site/forum world. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a year and a half now. I started Fermera last month and while hoping for a BFP on the test, AF showed up! :( so we are back in the game for another month. Currently on CD1 this month, anyone in the same boat?? Anyone with success using Femera? Next step if this does not work is Femera/IUI. This will be a couple months down the road as we want to try without the IUI first.

Good luck and Baby dust to all TTC!!!

22 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 22 Replies | Last Page

Hey, I am now on CD 1 as of this morning I was thinking I would have my BFP I had a lot of symptoms and even a faint BFP so I thought but oh well on to another month. I am just using opks and evening primrose oil. I was charting at one point but I like my sleep lol. I am new on here this is my first post so hopefully it works :) I am trying for baby number 2

10 years ago

Good luck in trying for #2!! Hopefully this will be your month!! I have not tried OPKs, or the evening primrose oil, but I have charted my little heart out lol! I have tracked temps and everything. Right now, we are taking a step back and just trying the Fermera to see if it works. I am not tracking anything else other than what CD I am on.

10 years ago • Post starter

What is fermera? If you were charting then it would give you pretty much the same idea of when you ovulate as an opk would so it wouldn't tell you anything you don't already know. This might be tmi but evening primrose oil is good for cervical mucus and I was having trouble with that since I had my daughter and it really works lol

10 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I am on CD2.. BBT charting, OPK and Ferning (microscope)
Been drinking raspberry leaf and green tea plus pre-preg vits.

Trying for Rainbow baby and keeping fingers crossed

what is Femera hun?

xx

10 years ago

Femera or Letrozole is what my doctor recommended for me instead of Clomid. It works about the same way, and it is working so far for me. My body is responding and producing nice follicles, I am just stuck in the category of "we don't know why you are not pregnant yet or what is going on".

Charting my temp did not really help any becuse it was consistant the whole time. I took it the same time every morning when I woke up.

Tomorrow I will start my second round with Femera CD3-7. Fingers crossed!

That's odd your temp doesn't shift. At least your body is responding to the medication :) hopefully it will work and you will get your baby fingers crossed.

Hi Karlou I was drinking that at one point too I just didn't stick with it though and I forget what the benefits were. I am basically just getting back in to try full force again so I forgot something's lol I really did enjoy taking evening primrose oil I just forget what cycle days to take it I will have to look it up lol is this your first?

10 years ago

Thanks MomKat, what are the benefits of the evening primrose oil? I would be open to anything that would help!

Thank you all for replying and sharing.

I will check again I forget I was just researching your med not much info on it really but I did read that women's bodies respond well to it I did see one women who was taking fermera was drinking raspberry leaf tea also. The dr's really don't know why you can't get preg? And are they doing anything else besides the meds I read something about some women doing shots with it or something

10 years ago

Increase Cervical Mucous
EPO has been used by herbalists for hundreds of years to increase cervical mucous. Cervical fluid is necessary for allowing the sperm to swim freely through the cervix. Some of us have low or no cervical fluid, so it is harder for the sperm to move and there may not be a friendly environment for the sperm to sustain themselves.

The suggested usage for increasing cervical mucous using EPO is initially 500mg, three times a day for a total of 1500mg per day. If you donâ??t get results in your first cycle, you may want to increase your usage to 3,000 mg a day in your next cycle. If you are actively trying to conceive do not use EPO after ovulation because this herb has an action on the uterus. You can learn more about this below.

How EPO Acts on the Uterus
It is believed that the high levels of LA and GLAâ??s in Evening Primrose Oil have a direct effect on uterine cells. These contract and relax smooth muscle tissue. This action on the uterus is toning for the uterine muscles in preparation for pregnancy. EPO is NOT suggested for use after ovulation when a woman is trying to conceive. If a woman is pregnant, or thinks she may be pregnant, she should not not use EPO because the uterus may begin to contract. In some women this may lead to pre-term labor or miscarriage; though there is little evidence as such. Nonetheless, it is always best to use caution when using EPO if you think you may be pregnant.

10 years ago

Did you know that Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) has a wide array of benefits for fertility? Some studies have shown that it can help reduce PMS symptoms, increase cervical mucous, while reducing inflammation. This is because of its high content of the omega-6 essential fatty acids (EFAâ??s), Linoleic Acid (LA) and Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA). This oil comes from the Evening Primrose plant, Oenothera biennis seeds. The seeds are gathered and cold pressed for their oil; the oil is then encapsulated for dietary supplement use.

LA is needed for prostaglandin E and GLA is needed for the synthesis of prostaglandin E. Prostaglandins are not hormones, but rather messengers that act on many different cells; they are also produced in many different areas of the body. Hormones are produced in designated sites in the body (unique to the hormone). One of the many functions of Prostaglandinâ??s is to help control regulation of hormones as well as control proper cell growth.

Promote and Maintain Hormonal Balance
EPO contains high amounts of LA and GLA, which as explained above, are necessary for prostaglandin function. Prostaglandins are necessary for proper hormonal balance. Getting enough omega-6 EFAâ??s, such as LA and GLA through EPO supplementation, has been shown to support overall hormonal function within the body. EPO is one of the few plants to contain GLA.

So that's what is does basically and I have used it and yes it does increase CM a lot in my case but that's what I wanted lol because I felt it was a bit on the not enough side lol plus it helps them swim better lol taken cd day 1-14 or when ever the women thinks she ovulated

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo