Community post

Discussion

TTC and no period after stopping pill- help!

Hi everyone,

I am relatively new to this ttc business, but it's stressing me out already! I came off the pill in August 2013 to try and conceive my first child with my husband. It's now been 7 months and I've not had a period since my withdrawal bleed and lots of negative pregnancy tests. It's so hard not knowing if/ when I will ovulate. I'm 26 and before I went on the pill (which was 10 years ago) I was pretty regular as far as I can remember.

For the last week I've had seriously sore boobs, but have taken a couple of internet cheapies and all I can see are faint evap lines. Clear blue digital says not pregnant too. I think I'm turing into a crazy lady!!

I guess I'm just looking for any similar stories/ successes and any advice please? I'm taking angus castus to see if that will regulate AF.

Thanks in advance and lots of luck to any other ladies ttc-ing! :)

4 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

When I came off the pill I didn't have a period for nearly 9 months if I remember. So don't be too concerned. Mine did come back on its own and settled down to a regular pattern very quickly afterwards.

Hope this helps ease your mind a bit. It might be worth taking your temps each morning to see if you can see any temperature shifts occurring.

10 years ago

Thanks so much for your reply and yes, great idea re: temperature tracking. I'll give that a whirl. :) it's nice to hear other people have been in the same boat with no further problems!

10 years ago • Post starter

Hello! I experienced the same thing as you last year. I stopped the pill and didn't have a period for 3 months when I called my Ob. After negative blood pregnancy tests she started me on progesterone to try to kick start my cycle again. When that didn't work she ran more tests and discovered an underlying thyroid issue that was preventing ovulation and therefore periods. We finally got my thyroid under control last month and I had my first unassisted period.

Long story short, call your doc. They can test to see if there is an underlying issue that could be preventing your cycle from happening. Good luck!

10 years ago

Hi! I just recently came off birth control after three and a half years taking it. I haven't had periods on the pill and didn't have any breakthrough bleeding or a period after coming off. I had an OBGYN appointment last week, and my doctor told me that if I still don't have a period in 6 months, then she would do some testing to make sure everything else is alright (such as thyroid, which I believe someone mentioned above). Perhaps you should contact your doctor for this kind of testing? Good luck!! :)

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo