Community post

Discussion

Thyroid Disease

Currently TTC first baby with my DH & suffer from hashimoto thyroiditis. Just want to hear any success stories! Current on 50 mg levothyroxine ....

Currently 8dpo hoping for a + in a couple days.....

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi! I found out 1 yr after my first son was born(11 years ago) when I was 23,that I have Hashimoto's disease! We now have two sons, one is 11 and one is 8! We weren't trying with either pregnancy, but we're blessed to have them. When I found out I had thyroid disease my TSH levels were very high! 11 TSH to be exact! Normal, as you know, is .5 to 5. I was placed on 200 mcg levothyroxine and over time and through ups and downs I range about 132mcg to 175mcg. Currently I am on 150mcg. As long as your doctor monitors your TSH levels every 6 months to 1year and adjusts your dosage As needed I'm pretty sure you'll be ok. Also, if YOU noticed a change in yourself and feel the need to be checked sooner, you should! Both of my pregnancys were completely normal! Delivery.....not so much. But it was NOT due to thyroid. Once your pregnant it's important to tell your OBGYN about your thyroid! They will test it EVERY month to make appropriate adjustments! For now, make sure you take your medicine everyday, in the morning, on an empty stomach and don't eat for an hour afterwards. It IS possible to get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy!!! You can do it!!! I promise!!! Our disease affects everything on us, from our hair to our menstral cycles to our skin and our heart, metabolism, mental status. And since it is an autoimmune disease we have to stay on top of other symptoms we may develop that could mean another autoimmune disease cropping up, because autoimmune diseases tend to group together. It is also hereditary. I'm keeping a close eye on my boys for any issues they might develop that could be autoimmune. In January 2011 I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks 2 days. I had a d&c. It was called a blighted ovum. My TSH levels were perfect! Also this last January 2014 I had a chemical pregnancy. TSH were perfect as well. Sometimes it doesn't work out :-( but it wasn't because of my thyroid! Good luck to you! I'll be praying everything goes your way!!!

Natgen0512

10 years ago

WOW your story is very inspirational. I know many things can go wrong at any given time even women without thyroid problems. This is my first month so I am very optimistic and just reaching out to other women. My baby hopes haven't been crushed yet... Staying patient and praying. Thanks again!

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo