Community post

Discussion

Re-joined the site following miscarriage...

Hi,

I'm not even sure what I'm hoping to hear back. I guess I just need to put this down as I can't express it in everyday life.

If you look at my bio you see the journey me and my dh have been on to conceive a child.

After a long old struggle and lots of work, we finally got the news we'd been dreaming of.... you're pregnant. Even at the IVF follow up scan we see a gorgeous little heart beat and everything seemed just perfect.

However, we went along for a little sneak preview scan at 11wks 2days only to be told I'd suffered a delayed miscarriage. Anyone who has experienced this knows the following options are not pleasant....

I was booked in for a procedure to remove little one when a week later I ended up in an ambulance as I was having 'spontaneous labour'.... I'd never even heard of this.

Its now about 12 weeks and I am still in so much emotional pain.

I don't know if anyone else feels like this but I get so fed up of people saying 'its perfectly natural" and "it happens to most women" I know all that but it doesn't take away my pain (sorry if that sounds selfish!). Everyone around me is now just expecting me to get on with things and 'move past it'... I know thats the sensible healthy thing to do but it really isn't as easy as it sounds :)

I can't seem to move on. I keep thinking about how far along I would be. Every day I age I feel like I'm getting older and older and worrying about conception.

We have the option of another cycle of IVF but its not cheap and I am so scared of the whole concept now.

In general I can't seem to shake the sadness and sense of loss.

I know I'm not alone but I really feel like it.

Would appreciate any supportive words

Baby dust to all xx

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I feel your pain, I've been through a similar experience.went for an ultrasound at 13 weeks and I saw my little baby lifeless inside of me. the doctor said it had passed away a couple weeks before. My miscarriage started the same afternoon, I didn't get a chance to go to the hospital and passed it at home. Took several days, my husband by my side doing everything he could. It was so hard on both of us, we cried together for weeks. Now it's been 4 months. I still cry sometimes, I know my husband does too.
I've become completely paranoid with the idea of conception and mark everything that happens on my calendar. I miss the baby I never had, I'll always think of him...
Miscarriage might be common, but what I went through, and am still going through, is so strong! I'll never get past this, I'll never forget my little baby that didn't get his chance in the world. The whole experience has changed me forever, and know one can truly know what I've been through, the emotions I've had to undergo and the pain I still have to deal with.
I truly wish you the best of luck moving forward.

8 years ago

Hi @Pbahiana

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Nothing quite prepares you for it, even when it's biggest fear it still blind sides you doesn't it.

Everything you wrote rings so true to me.

I wish you and your hubby the bestest of luck and baby dust xx

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo