Community post

Discussion

hair, acne and fog

I seem be full of questions these days. I believe I have O'd...not sure, as the signs were unclear this cycle. I did have EWCM for a few days, but my CP confused me as I never detected a rise. There was a softening, but now it's back to feeling like the tip of a nose, so...idk.

My question though, is about hair growth and acne. I've got 2 pimples this week, and just last night noticed hair growth on my breasts. This happens at a certain point in every cycle ( hairs on breasts, face, neck), my question is when in the cycle does hair growth occur? I don't know if it happens pre-O or after O. I can say that, aside of PMS acne, I don't experience these symptoms when AF is near. I've just never paid attention to when they happen or what it could mean. I fear they could be signs that I'm not ovulating. My cycles are stable and regular at about 33 days.

Thoughts appreciated!
Thanks!

User Image

4 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi there. If you are growing hair like you say then you might have some hormonal issues. Usually it means higher free testosterone levels. Hair growth doesn't happen at a particular point in a cycle. I suggest your read this medline article on it: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003148.htm If you are plucking to remove it then it will take a while for it to grow back and hence you might see it as
being cyclical. When I got diagnosed with PCOS after noticing excess hair like that my doctor told me that it takes about 2 years to change a hair growth pattern even if you get the hormones regulated properly.

I tried monitoring my CP but that didn't work too well as when fertile I couldn't feel it at all, and found that it moved around a lot, even within a day! I just monitor CM, use OPKS if I think I am colse to ovulation and do BBT charting.

How long have you been TTC?

10 years ago

Thanks, shelob! I've been reading up on PCOS and other hormonal issues. Was hoping it not to be the case, but I'm now thinking a call to the doc for some testing might be in order.

This is only our second cycle ttc. I have 2 children (previous marriage), but my youngest is 9 years...so it's been a while since I've done taken on the ttc adventure and all it's charting and recording and observing. Getting back into the swing...

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

I definitely recommend seeing the doctor for testing, but even if you don't officially get diagnosed you can follow the recommended guidelines for PCOS sufferers. for example, if you are overweight losing even a little bit of weight can make a huge difference. Also charting cycles I find extremely helpful for predicting when I am about to ovulate (I have irregular ovulation). If all else fails then clomid is usually recommended.

Of course it would be much nicer if you found you are still fertile and don't have to worry about any of that :)

10 years ago

Yep..finding out in fertile would be supreme!! I don't have issues with weight and I exercise daily and eat clean (mostly), but I do have some of the other symptoms that I have read about. I will wait and see what this cycle does, then get in touch with my doc. Thanks for the tips and chat!

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo