Community post

Discussion

10Dpo

View Full Post

Who here is with me at 10dpo? When will you start testing? Share your updates with me :)

58 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 58 Replies | Last Page

Hi again! I did look into that method a while ago but didn't go too in depth. We think the same as you - as long as it's healthy we're happy but it could be fun trying!! You certainly know alot about it - did you follow it for your 1st?

AF has finally taken a hike! So waiting to O. How about you?

Do you take OPK's or do you go based on your cm when determining O? I've never used OPK's and not sure if they're worth it? Would you recommend them or a particular brand?

I live in Canada! :) Near Toronto. What a small world! My little sister is staying near Perth Australia for the next 6 months and left 3 weeks ago! You're both so far away!

User Image

10 years ago

Heya,

DH got his tests back. All good count. But advised to try wearing boxer shorts. So happy. But now a little worried there might be something wrong with me.

DD was an accident.

I have used OPK's. I used first response- however they get too expensive. I got online 2 days ago & ordered a pack of 25 for $15. I also ordered a basal thermometer. And sperm friendly lube. It's supposed to mimic our CM & sperms love it. I don't think I have a problem in that area, but worth a try.

Last month we used OPK's, but couldn't wait until we had a dark line like we were supposed to lol. It was a long weekend and my MIL was looking after DD for a couple nights, so we booked the park Hyatt here in MEL. I had egg white CM but should have waited for that line.

Also DH was spending abit of time in the steam room there which isn't good for the swimmers.

AF is done for the month. Thank god. When are you due for O?

I'm due approx next Wednesday. So not going to BD after Friday to try & get a good build up. I have a 2 day conference Mon-Tues- hope I don't O early.

I have been to Canada- beautiful. I only had 2 weeks off so only spent time in Vancouver & whistler, as I have a Canadian friend who owns a condo in whistler. Perth is great. Very laid back. Amazing beaches. But like on the other side of the world for me. 4hr flight. Speaking of which- I hope they would hurry up & find that Malaysian flight- very odd.

10 years ago • Post starter

Awesome! That's great news about your DH's tests! I doubt it's you having issues getting pg - sometimes it just happens and we have more stress with life when we already have a child! Atleast that's what I think! Don't be hard on yourself! It'll happen!

You certainly seem ready for this cycle, goodness! If it doesn't happen for me this cycle I'll check online for some OPK's. They're certainly better priced here than in the stores.

I'm not sure when I O as I go based on cm and it's starting to ramp up so could be any time! With DD we just bd'd around the 14 day mark and boom, it worked. lol. Seems like alot of comments on here about women getting preg very quickly with the 1st and slower with the next... I figure it's stress but that's just me speculating!

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I know age makes a big factor on having children period. I'm 33 so I had my 1st at 30 which is a good age, nowadays atleast. lol.

Now you're teasing me about Perth! :) lol. My sister is certainly lucky if it's that nice. I hear southern australia, everywhere, is beautiful! Maybe I'll go, someday! I agree with the malaysian flight... scary stuff and it's been so long...

User Image

10 years ago

Good luck with BDing. Fun times ahead ;)

I'm 31. 32 in September. DH is 28. 29 in August. I fell PG with DD when I was 27. And I have read that once we reach 30 it slowly gets a little more challenging to conceive.

How many children would you a DH ideally like to have?

Thanks! :) I think I O'd last night and we bd in the afternoon so here we go... lol! GL to you too! Happy bd'ing! I'm going to try the every other day method and hope that works... to both!

Yes, I hear once you reach 30 it can be tricky but hear from 35+ it's worse and then there's the risks then too. But the risks are much higher in those who haven't had atleast 1 child so doesn't pertain to us.

I used to want 3 children before all the issues/stress with DD but now it's 2. The million dollar family, boy and girl ideally but it doesn't matter now as long as the 2nd babe is healthy. What about you?

My DH is 40 now so it's now or never to have another. My family are all pro more kids while my DH's family says it doesn't matter and 1 is good... what about both your family? Any stress/pressure there? You're younger than us so much less stress I bet. 31 is a good age! :)

User Image

10 years ago

I hear u!! The pressure started at 26. When I was still single... 'When I getting grand kids'.... And now since we only married last October 'when are you having another'. Well we are trying, but I'm not telling everyone that. I just say 'when it happens it happens'.

I'm confused this cycle, because my last was longer than my normal 28 day cycle. If I have a 29-30 day cycle like last month I should be O tomorrow or Friday. If I've gone back to 28 day cycle I would O today. OPK's are neg (faint line). However I can't really rely on them because I only started using them last night (was away for work) & should have have started using them earlier. CM has been white & creamy, and this morning I wiped & had a clear jelly glob of CM- have no idea what that is. Have been goggling but can't find any clear info as to what that could be. I'm waiting for EWCM but stressing I missed it. If I was O tomorrow or Friday I would have thought I'd have EWCM by now.

Another month of doing my head in lol

How are you going? Feeling confident? Any symptoms?

What were the stress /issues with DD?

Hi sunseeker!

Wow, that's alot of stress since 26! We're similar though - they bugged us forever to get married (we were together for 10 yrs prior) and then once married it's when are the kids comin?? Then after DD, it's "time to have another!". I wasn't ready for a long time as I think I had post-partum and was scared to go through all I did all over again. With DD I had to have a c-section which was hard on me and then the nightmare with bf'ing did me in... I researched everything and did everything and didn't work, she was just so stubborn so I ended up "exclusively pumping" from about 4 mths to 11.5 mths. I was stubborn too to ensure she had breast milk as long as possible. Like my dh says all the time "I'm my worse enemy" :) I know now I will never do all that again, it's not worth my health. Other than that, just the usual stress of having kids, working and doing all at the same time! :) I'm ready to have another now though, so my DD can have a brother or sister! Did having your DD go the way you planned?

Having a different cycle really does mess with you! I'm right there with you! With my "spotting" and whatever that was I'm confused now too when I O and I don't even use OPKs... We bd'd when I think I O'd and we couldn't again until 3 days later due to my dh's shift with work so I'm not sure if this cycle is it but bd'ing atleast twice it's never impossible, right?

Wow, girl, that description of your cm sounds promising! Lots of CM is ALWAYS a good thing, especially if it's different! It does sound like you O'd already.... I've been having quite a bit of lotiony cm which is different for me and have been a little achy in my tummy/legs which is weird so early... Did you guys get to do the baby dance much while you were away?

User Image

10 years ago

Wow you poor bugger. You know what? More than likely your 2nd will be completely different. I know my mum had a horrendous time with me. Bed ridden for 6 weeks after my birth. 26 hour delivery with forceps. And was the complete opposite with my sister.

DD was a breeze from birth to now. When I say a breeze, there was always challenges, but a lot easier than other stories I hear. Labour was 19hrs vaginal birth, but 12 hours in I had an epidural which was a god send. Breast feeding was tough at the start. I had to keep pumping cos my nipples were in soooo much pain- I remember tears roll down my eyes as she was sucking. So I would pump & give her the bottle, to give them a rest for a day. Eventually we got there & I breast feed her till I feel she didn't want it anymore approx 12 months.

I'm feeling nausea's today. However looking back on my cycle, I did also last month which is caused from Progesterone rise.

Im convinced I had my LH surge before I started using the OPK's, so can't be sure when I O'd. What was odd though is that I didn't get egg white CM. Just went from creamy to sticky/dry. I thought at first I may have not O'd. But now that I'm having a Progesterone rise, I must have O'd. And I'm thinking we may have BD a few days before O & few days after, so thinking we missed it. Too hard basket this month. I'm not obsessing like last month & look forward to next month.

How are you going? Any unusual symptoms- different from last month?

Thank you for the kind words! :) I'm praying our 2nd will be different and there's a chance it can be so that's good enough for me!

I had to have a c-section as I went to the hospital, bleeding and 11 days late, they found I had no more amniotic fluid so they had to induce and I suffered through contraction pains for 30 hours before they said we had to have a c-section as she wasn't coming down... I also got an epidural about 20 hours in as I was getting bad back contractions. Loved it other than you can't feel your legs! What a horrible feeling but glad the pain was gone! :) Wow, sounds like you did have it pretty good with your DD! Lucky! Odds are great your 2nd will be the same too! I'm so glad they banned forceps and that you came out good and healthy!

Don't lose hope that you didn't catch that egg! It's still possible! Maybe you having the different cm this cycle is a good sign? I'm glad you're being so optimistic and not going to stress too much about it, just gotta wait and see what happens!

AFM - I've had a yeast infection for the last 4-5 days which is totally unusual for me! My first (that I can remember) yeast infection was 2 cycles ago when I had a sinus infection and took antibiotics! This one came out of the blue... and won't go away! :( My DD got a stomach bug on Monday and guess who got it last nite? ME!! So I've been hugging the toilet and running on 4hrs sleep right now. My poor daughter though, she just turned 3 last Fri so she might've got it from that indoor playground we took her too... can't control everything huh?

How many dpo's would you say you are or when is your AF due?

Because of my last odd cycle I estimated I'm 13DPO but I really doubt it and think I've lost my window too but I can't tell with all this stuff going on!

User Image

10 years ago

That sounds awful. And so scary for you. You must have been exhausted once DD arrived. I don't think they'll let you go anymore than 7 days over (don't quote me) in Australia without scraping the membranes or inducing you. Men get off Scott free- not fair!

DD was a week early. They had to break the waters as it never burst. I was getting to the point where contractions were 50 seconds apart, lasting 2 mins & I was vomiting with every contraction but not dilating as they would have hoped so I was induced at the same time i had the epidural. Within half hour I was sitting up in bed watching tv. I'm not sure what your epidural was like but mine had a manual control & anytime I needed more I just pressed the button. And about half an hour prior to pushing stage the midwife said if I wanted to feel the pushing contractions don't push the button. I loved it cos I could feel the pressure when I was due to push without being prompted, but no real pain.

I don't think I've had a yeast infection since I was 20. I'd be guessing the one you had a while back hadn't completely cleared up & has come back? Do you douche? I've heard being 'too clean' can cause them. Big fan of 'embarrassing bodies', TV show- do you have it over there?

And your all sick!! You poor buggers. Not fun at all. DD goes to childcare twice a week so she would constantly bring something home last year. This year, so far, no problems. I think the Germ filled environment there has built up her immune system, & she's tougher than nails.

I'm thinking I'm approx 8DPO. And I've started temping 2 days ago. Basil thermometer cost approx $10 & I just take my temp as soon as I wake. I'm interested to know if I actually O when I think I do. Cos OPK's only let us know that we'll ovulate in 24-36hrs. Interested to know if my LP is 14 days like I've always thought.

You never know. They say when you least expect it, and have no symptoms, AF turns u late, you take a test then bingo!

If you missed it this month, anything different you'll try next month?

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo