Community post

Discussion

40+ TTC in 2015

View Full Post

Hello,
I had to scroll through so many pages to find recent ladies who are TTC and decided to open a new thread for 2015. This should make it easier to find friends and buddies who are going through the same emotional roller coaster of TTC in their 40's.
Is it worth opening a new thread monthly to keep it current?
Would also like to wish everyone the best of luck, the more people that get a BFP gives the rest of us hope so please don't forget to post.
Baby dust to all ????

219 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 219 Replies | Last Page

Franny - Oh dear, I do hope you are just gearing up to O, and it will hold out until your vacay! I hate how unpredictable cycles can be when you are counting on them to be nice and normal. Hopefully you will be able to catch it at the right time, but either way a vacation away, and time spent together will be great for the two of you. I also am trying to get my Vit. D up, but like you said, it's a struggle. Sorry, I can't help with the auto-immune questions. I'm sure others will be able to help though.

Kerzie - I'm taking (and have been) Vitex all month long and it has really helped my cycles even out, make my period very regular, and stop the heavy flow I used to have. My Dr. suggested that I take it all month, and that it won't impede conception, and might help. Funny, I wondered the same thing about the B6 and BComplex I just started taking. But I've decided to just take it this whole month and see if it helps. What does everyone else do with their B6?

Mozart- Hope you are relaxing!

to everyone else! and

8 years ago

I take B6 throughout my entire cycle. 100mg per day (don't know if that's the best dosage but it's what it says on the bottle...). My LP is usually around 11 days. Hope that's long enough.

8 years ago

Franny, according to my dr a lp of 11 days is long enough. 100mg b6 is great, but take it with your b complex and/or prenatal as vitamins don't work in isolation.
Relaxing as much as possible - really don't know if that makes a difference anyway :)

8 years ago

Thanks, Mozart. I do take the B6 together with a whole pile of other stuff in the morning! Good to know that 11 days is OK. I was reading that 12-16 was optimal. I should stop that reading when I don't know if the source is accurate, of course!

8 years ago

I think it all depends on when you implant, you need at least two days after implantation for hormones to get high enough for the pregnancy to stick. If you implant on day eight then you have plenty of time, unfortunately I implant on day ten which is why I need extra days. That or I need my eggs to stop being so lazy! Lol. I'm also trying to kick start my metabolism to see if that helps.

Vit a, vit k, zinc and magnesium all aid in the absorption of vit d. It is a fat soluble nutrient so you need to eat a little fat to absorb it, so are vits a, e, and k. Salmon 3g, gives over 100% of daily values naturally so try eat it once a week. 84g of tinned tuna gives about 40%, a cup of fortified milk gives around 30%. So try eat tuna sandwiches, drink fortified milk and eat fortified cereals to get your levels back on track. Natural sources of vit d are absorbed so much easier than supplements so try both methods until your levels rise.

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi everyone. Soooo 13dpo today and took a test this morning. BFN. Sigh... maybe next month. Stopped my progesterone so I don't waste them.

How is everyone else doing? I could really use some words of encouragement right now.

User Image

8 years ago

BabyAngel - I think we have all been there with you, It does get so frustrating! But I have seen positive outcomes for many women over 40, so I am not willing to give up, and I'm not letting you either. So chin up little sprout! We can do this!

Kerzie- Thanks for all the info on Vit. D foods. I think it would be much better to get vitamins that way than through supplements. I have to say, I loved the idea of your (and mine too apparently) eggs being lazy! They need to get out of the gate faster! Here's hoping!

Franny and Mozart- Thanks for the info on B6. I hate that my cabinet looks like a pharmacy, but I still have that Imperative to keep trying! So all info is good info! I hope you two are doing well!

Mozart- how's the TWW treating you?

BabyDust and Talula - How are you two doing this week?

AFM - CD6 and just waiting to O which won't be for a while. Hoping this is the month. I'm stealing Mozart's line, But here's a
blizzard for all of us!!

8 years ago

Pixandpoetry, thank you for keeping up with all of us and for your positive attitude. 4 dpo for me, nothing special happening, of course. What a dreary rainy day....had my annual exam at the dr's this morning - by golly, I am at his office all the time, at least once per week. Sometimes I feel like an office fixture lol. On Friday is progesterone testing. Best wishes to all.

8 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I didn't post again after introducing myself. AF showed up two days late and was just very sad and frustrated with myself for getting my hopes up ...I needed to take my mind off TTC.

Thanks though for the welcome...

Franny nice to know you're from Vancouver Island. I spent a year in Canada when I was 17. In Yellowknife as an exchange student if you can believe it! I loved my time in Canada - have such great memories of the people there.

So cycle day 9 for me, and the count down to O begins. It's my 43rd Birthday next week so maybe it will be a lucky month for me? :) Question, do you try to BD every day leading up to and after O? Tell you what, that for me is a mammoth challenge in itself LOL. After all these years of marriage I really need to psyche myself up!!!

Thanks to the person who posted about Vit D and B...Have been so bad of late taking my vitamins...You inspired me to get back with the programme

Anyone else on a similar CD?

Good luck to those of you in the 2WW...

x
Donna

8 years ago

Hi Donna,
Not on CD9 but 5 dpo. Still wanted to connect with you. The mammoth challenge of bd made me smile......I know exactly what you mean. We had to resort to doing IUIs because it just became too stressful for both of us. The two most important days really are the day before ovulation and the day of it. If you can swing it every other day when you are getting closer to your ov date then that's excellent, but every day for a week or so? Forget it - we could never do it :)

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo