Community post

Discussion

40+ TTC in 2015

View Full Post

Hello,
I had to scroll through so many pages to find recent ladies who are TTC and decided to open a new thread for 2015. This should make it easier to find friends and buddies who are going through the same emotional roller coaster of TTC in their 40's.
Is it worth opening a new thread monthly to keep it current?
Would also like to wish everyone the best of luck, the more people that get a BFP gives the rest of us hope so please don't forget to post.
Baby dust to all ????

219 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 219 Replies | Last Page

Hi Mozart
Sorry to hear you have had no sticky baby dust YET! Dealing with loss can be crippling and it says a lot about you that your still trying. I hope you get your STICKY bfp soon.
Are you taking any supplements to help increase your chances? I'm always looking for tips from others ttc in my age group. Until a couple of months ago I never gave a thought that natural remedies may help. I didn't even think to look for others going through the same thing and get advice on how to help myself, so although I have been ttc for a year now I have only been actively doing it for a few months.
Keep us updated with where you are in your cycle and how you are doing, if you need to rant and rave go for it. It helps unloading to people going through the same thing and the ladies in this forum are lovely, empathetic, kind and encouraging which we all need from time to time.

8 years ago • Post starter

Thank you Kerzie, I really appreciate you connecting with me. Supplements and vitamins plus nutrition and fertility acupuncture is what I am focusing on. I am taking a LOT of different things including several antioxidants. It's quite a task staying on top of the supplement schedule lol. Let me know if you like to know about any specific products or dosages.
4 dpo for me today, 11th IUI.....not sure how to feel about it all. Started progesterone injections today, so a sore behind is inevitable.
Keep me posted on your progress :)

8 years ago

43 here and TTC #4. 2 DS-20 & 23 and a DS 11. Good luck to everyone! Its so scary to see the odds of conceivingin your 40s. However- I've witnessed some miracles! A woman I work with just had twins at 45! Healthy as can be :).

8 years ago

Hello Mozart and Mary's Momma! Good luck to you and all the girls here.

Thanks for the empathy, Kerzie! It is really helping me get through this. Today went great.

I've got a long version posted again at http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=11906&p=428#reply_206813

A really long version, LOL. But it did all really work out amazingly all for the best.

I don't know anything about supplements, etc. My sister has 4 kids, 1 post 40, and swears by accupuncture. Which I am going to find an accupuncturist tomorrow.

My bachelorette party 2 years ago was just a dinner out with my sister and 5 other close friends and family. I was a 42 year old bride to be. My cousins and friends included 3 nurses, a PT and 1 doctor, all of whom had kids. The overwhelming consensus on having kids was to move straight to IVF and not waste any time on anything else. We did not listen and did a vasectomy reversal, etc. They strongly urged IVF right away and to also apply to adopt right away since it takes a long time. We did not do that either.

I really regret all those now "younger" eggs and wasted cycles. Of those 6 women, who all had children, 3 of them had had IVF (and IUIs) even with tries in their 30s. And the ones in my family definitely come with good fertility genes as there are families of 10+ in the previous generations. So, I don't have any advice of my own to share, but that is the advice I got. I was pretty shocked at it initially, to tell you the truth. I knew it would be harder 40+, but I definitely did not know then what I know now.

8 years ago

Hello! I just turned 40 & TTC #4

I haven't been really active in trying, my husband works so much and our schedules are almost completely opposite! So we try any chance we get! He has no children and I have 3 from a previous marriage. My family is not supportive because I also have kidney disease. I've had this all my life and had 3 healthy babies, no complications. My husband is the most loving and caring person I have ever met & has taken in my kids like they were his own. I know he wants children of his own but does not believe in using any kind of fertility treatments. He says if it doesn't happen naturally then it's not meant to be :( so I hope it happens for us!

Baby dust to all of you!!!!

8 years ago

Welcome, Mizz Baldwin! And good luck to you!

8 years ago

Hello ladies. I'm hoping I can join you here. I'm 46 yrs and ttc #2. We've been ttc since March 2014 naturally and 2 IUI's. No BFP's here. I made the horrible mistake to believe that since it was so easy to conceive my son (I was 38) that time just flew by and here I am ttc again, but it's not as easy! UGH! I adore my son and would LOVE another child with all my heart! I haven't lost hope though. My dh and I are taking a break from the IUI process this month as it was getting a little stressful with all the appointments and injections. I'm 6dpo from naturally trying and hoping this is the one! We only have 1 more IUI before they try to move us to IVF, but we aren't moving forward with it. Hard to justify $20k and no guarantee. We just don't have it, but pray that if it's meant to be we will have another.

Praying for the 40+ ladies for &

User Image

8 years ago

Hello BabyAngelG, welcome to the group. TTC is surely a time and money investment for some of us. I hope that you will become successful soon without IVF :)

8 years ago

I'm 41 and ttc #2. We started trying in December last year and I got pregnant in March, but miscarried at 8w (but no progression from 5w 2d).

We decided to wait a few months and started trying again this August.

I'm currently hoping that I'm going to get a BFP this month (posted a thread about the craziness of this months ttc journey)...

Fingers crossed!

I haven't taken anything specifically for pregnancy - just almonds, prenatal vitamins and extra extra folic acid. I got pregnant within the first couple month of tracking my cycle in March... so I am hoping for a miracle this time with lots of sticky baby thoughts...

8 years ago

Welcome and Good Luck, Baby Angel and Qristina!

8 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo