Community post

Discussion

Ladies, cheer me up. :(

My husband and I have been ttc for a little over two years now. I just feel hopeless. My husband never has time off so we can visit a doctor, and sometimes I feel as if he doesn't even feel the same about having a baby as I do. Family and friends just tell me "It'll happen when its meant to happen" and to "stop caring so much", but that just hurts me more. I'm tired of waiting. I know I'm being silly but my heart hurts so much. Sorry for the negative post, just had to get all this off my chest.

8 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

hi love. i have two kids and potentially one on the way. i conceived easy on my first. had a miscarriage before my second blessing. trying takes time and devotion by both parties...so sit his backside down and demand co-operation. men need to be guided through all this....most of them have no clue. they think you just get pregnant from intercourse....its about timing tell him. and that involves planning my dear. best of luck love. take charge of your pregnancy journey....and if hes not into it then show him to the door...ok maybe not that extreme hehehe

10 years ago

hi love. i have two kids and potentially one on the way. i conceived easy on my first. had a miscarriage before my second blessing. trying takes time and devotion by both parties...so sit his backside down and demand co-operation. men need to be guided through all this....most of them have no clue. they think you just get pregnant from intercourse....its about timing tell him. and that involves planning my dear. best of luck love. take charge of your pregnancy journey....and if hes not into it then show him to the door...ok maybe not that extreme hehehe

10 years ago

We have been trying for about 2 years ourself with pcos and male infertility factor. I just finished my last dose of clomid this cycle. Hopefully this our month! Only people dealing with ttc and struggling understand the hurt. I get asked daily "do you have kids?" "what are you waiting for??" and dont want everyone knowing that we're infertile. It makes you feel like a failure and missing out on so much! Hang in there! << hugs >> *dust*

OCT 2012 Diagnosed w/ PCOS TTC # 1 Natural Progesterone & Metformin 1000mg daily &

10 years ago

Thanks for the words of encouragement. :) Yes, planning to have a baby takes a lot more than just intercourse. My husband knows this, but he isn't aware of the emotional turmoil I go through on a daily basis. I guess its kinda my fault since I'm not straightforward with my feelings. I'm just tired of the heartbreak month after month.

10 years ago • Post starter

Haven! Yes. I get asked that as well. I have a "friend" who has two babies pkus one on the way and she informed me she wanted an abortion. She is perfectly aware that I've been trying to get pregnant and things like that piss me off. I would love a baby! Hearing that made me sick!

10 years ago • Post starter

I have two lovely little girls. But the journey was far from easy
With number one we tried for two years to conceive. I got so sick of the "when are you having babies"?
My SIL got pregnant during this time and my mil just would not stop baby this baby that. I struggled with feeling angry and happy I was angry at my sadness towards them and happy for them but it really hurt.
Mil kept pushing the "it's time you had baby" every time we saw them
Meanwhile we were getting tests done and I was loosing weight and getting sick. I tried to de stress but it was so hard when babies and pregnant ladies where everywhere.
We found out I have a cyst in each ovary but they were not impacting my chances of conceivibg as they were small.
My hubby had lazy sperm as well.
We went IVF purely to help my mental and physical well being.
We got lucky first cycle with our girl. Second bub was a unexpected gift,but very welcome. We decided to wing it. First was only six months old when we conceived number two daughter.
I am now wanting another, greedy I know but I feel one more will finish our family.
I totally understand your frustration and wish you best of luck.
My advice to those struggling to conceive is to get your tests done early dont let anyone tell you to wait, it's not worth the mental and physical stress that waiting causes. I wish I had done my IVF cycle earlier it would of saved me a lot of stress and MIL pestering.
Ps I love my MIL dearly and she has profusely apologized since.

User Image" class="img-responsive" alt="User image">

10 years ago

Hi Jaylove I understand where you are coming from and I bet the last thing you need is advice on how to get pregnant so I am not going to give you any of that.

I know my husband wants kids, especially now his little brother has one and his cousin and most of his friends. Yet when it comes to actually being a bit strategic and making sure we optimize our chances he just pretends as if it will magically happen and doesnt want to ruin the 'fun' of it (feel like kneeing him in the balls when he says something like that).

I finally sat him down this month and made sure he was fully aware of how the birds and bee's go. Explained things like BBT and opk's and what the window is and all that. He had a little rant about 'how the heck do all these teenagers get pregnant by mistake all the time, it is so hard' and blah blah blah. so maybe he is paying a bit more attention, but I know he will never get as invested in the process as I am, and it is up to me to deal with that, I can't make him care more than he does. This is why we all do things like go on these forums, because sometimes you are going to get the best support from other people who are in the same situation as you are and can empathize.

10 years ago

Ttc for 9 years off and on. Iv had so many symptoms this month. Things iv never had. Suppose to start AF today and now having light cramping :( took hpt 2 days ago with the normal bfn. It's the worst pain iv ever experienced. I seriously just want to give up at times. If this isn't it this month I'm seriously done trying. It sucks when people ask me and my husband don't have children. I just smile and say someday. When in reality someday may never happen. I honestly would do anything in this entire world to finally start my family. I will just continue praying. It's all inGod's hands now!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo