Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 or over and TTC?

My DH and I had two healthy children when we decided we were "done". However, about a month after the vasectomy, I knew in my heart that we had made a grave mistake. It took me a full year to find the courage to share this with him, but when I did, we immediately took the steps to have the surgery reversed. Because we had so little time in between the V and the VR, I thought getting pregnant would be easy. Unfortunately, that has not proven to be true. The surgery was a success according to several SA reports, and my doctor can't seem to find anything wrong with me either. So, we have chalked up our lack of success to age. We stopped trying around 36 when we hit the two year anniversary of the VR, but having just turned 38 recently, my heart is starting to really hurt. I feel like we have one last shot at trying before we are out of the game for good.

So, at 38 years old, we are diving back into the TTC waters! I am terrified because I have passed the age that I ever thought we would be trying. All of those articles about risks haunt me, but yet, I see families each year having children well past the "advanced maternal age" marker.

Anyone else out there starting this journey at the age of 38 or older? If so, did you have a consult with your doctor prior to TTC? Or are you winging it like us? Thanks so much and baby dust to you all!

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hello. I am 35 and TTC, so not quite 38. But... my mother was 42 when she had me and 39 when she had my sister. It is TOTALLY possible, and that was 35 years ago!!! Good luck!!

8 years ago

Thanks for your reply! That is very encouraging news. Best wishes on your TTC journey!

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo