Community post

Discussion

Bizarre symptoms? When? And how long did they last?

Well, first cycle on this particular website, so hello all. Just need to vent.

AF is due in 3 days, and since she normally comes a couple days "early" according to my tracker, I guess it could be as little as one. Absolutely no symptoms of her yet, though. At least, none typical for me. I've got ones that a lot of women have, (backache, moodiness), but there are also things going on very atypical, that only happen when I've got a bun in the oven. I'm fairly certain, even without a BFP yet, just waiting for the confirmation. But I wanted to ask you all ladies if any of these bizarre symptoms have happened to you.

First off: pain in groin and around hip to butt cheek, also known as sciatica. Anyone? I've had 3 M/C (4 wks, 5 wks, and 4 wks, respectively) since my last child almost five years ago, but both of the last two were accompanied by the most horrid pain that came and went even before my BFP, and with the last, continued for two weeks, along with positive HPTs, until all the hormones were out of my system. I think my 5 y/o aggravated my sciatic nerve beyond reason, (8 and 1/2 pounds, and sitting uber low from five months, the pain would shoot down my whole leg) and now whenever any kind of growth goes on, it seems to flare up instatntly. So much so, I consider it a sign I need to POAS.

Second: Pain in pubic bone and pelvis. She was so big, she split my pelvis and pubic bone. Most painful thing ever. Now, as with the sciatica, I consider it enough of a symptom to POAS.

Third: Lack of pain in breasts, but super sore nipples. Normally my bbs are fairly tender for 2 or 3 days about a week before before AF, and it stops a day or two before she shows. This month, absolutely nada. They're bigger alright, and the areola are darker, but not even a tiny bit sore. The nips though.... ouch. had to take off my bra because they kept wanting to stand at attention and they were being bent up, it felt like my nipple was being pinched. Yowsers.

Vision changes: I have bubbles floating around on my screen as a screen saver, and for the last couple days, it's almost like they leave a faint dark streak behind them on the screen for a moment. Is this all in my head?

A burst of energy. Like, a big one. It takes me longer to wake up in the morning than usual, but once I'm functional, I'm rip roarin around until I crash, usually about this time every night.

Depression. Shortly after the crash, I just feel down. Sad. Like ignoring everyone and curling up in bed.

And finally: Violent dreams. I know vivid dreams are normal, and trust me, these are vivid, but they're also incredibly violent. As in, I'm the one hurting people. It's very scary.

Overall, I'm fairly calm about the whole situation. In all honesty, with three M/Cs, I've already kind of accepted that this one wont stick, but with the special diet and vitamins and minerals I've been on to balance my hormones, (which was the cause of the M/Cs), I also have hope. Either way, I'll survive. Maybe Ill keep trying if this little one doesn't stick. Maybe I won't. Maybe I'll wait awhile. Whatever happens, happens. But I feel very at peace with everything, (with the exception of the nightly spurts of depression.)

Whats your story?

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Sympathy, sister. I feel your pain. Actually, I’m having some of the same ones. I M/Cd about this time last year and we’ve been trying for over two years now. My blood pressure fluctuates wildly so I started meds to get that under control and I started taking Maca. This month I ovulated a few days early and was really scared that we’d missed our window. But we did the BD a day to two before(depending on which tracker I’m using) and now I have Symptoms….. Please God, don’t let them be all in my head!

It’s way too early for PMS but I have crazy insomnia, the likes of which I have only ever had last time I was pregnant. My bb’s are tender, my nipples are hard all the time and they are so sore. I’m also very thirsty. Coffee, juice, water, anything I can get my hands on. I’m drinking about 150 to 200 oz. a day and can’t seem to get enough. Also, the diarrhea and gas… enough said. And pimples…. All over my body… since when do I get acne on my arms? I had gum bleeding last night when I brushed my teeth and a slight bloody nose, neither of which are common to me. I’m tired, I’m moody, I have food aversions and cravings. Then there’s the dreams….. strange strange dreams….
Ugggg…. This TWW might be the end of me….

8 years ago

Eskimozie, I know. I have never had this much constant, nagging pain in my lower back and hips, and it's so uncomfortable, it's hard to sleep. If this is it, I have no idea how I'm going to get through the next 8 plus months.

8 years ago • Post starter

Hopefully we will be too excited to focus on how miserable we are!

Last time I was so obsessed with onzies and the crib that I didn't even mind the bloating and nausea.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo