Community post

Discussion

I can't BELIEVE it! Pregnant with my 5th Baby!

Hi ladies!

I have posted here a few times in the past, when I had actively been trying to get pregnant, and now. It's so nice to be able to come to a place to talk to other moms, moms to be, and those TTC.

I am a mom of 4 - two girls, two boys, my youngest being 11 - and I am 31 years old. Just found out yesterday after missing AF (4 days late, actually) that I am pregnant, as per 2 home tests (Dollar Store brand). I am completely blown away that this could even happen to me again - the doctor told me due to all of the scar tissue I have from Adenomyosis, it would likely take a miracle from God to ever get pregnant again. Well, here I am!

I am going in for a confirmation test this morning at 9:30 AM ET and I am going to get the absolute positive word before I spill the beans to my husband. As hard as it's been to hold back since yesterday from telling my husband, I want to make absolutely sure before I give him the news. I've told my mom, and she's ecstatic - but nobody else knows as of yet.

As for the symptoms I've been having - they ALL make sense now. I have been experiencing the following:

-low backache - ranges from mild to moderate
-slight headaches
-nausea throughout the day
-dizziness - especially when standing up from sitting or laying down
-my boobs are KILLING me, and won't even fit into my bras right now - they're HUGE!
-had a super strange craving at 6 AM the other morning for a glass of water with lime juice in it - I have NO idea where that came from!
-peeing a lot (that's an understatement)
-bloated, just got a few new pairs of jeans as I had lost weight, and now they're uncomfortable around the middle already
-Hungry more often throughout the day - I've been used to eating one meal per day (dinner) and just a couple small things throughout the day like yogurt or fruit or veggies, and now I want things with more substance to keep me fuller longer
-acne - I usually get hormonal breakouts with like 3 or 4 pimples at a time every month about a week before AF, but this time right around the time I would have had AF, I got a ridiculous breakout like a teenager
-spotting - at about 10 DPO I had light pink spotting that lasted about a whole second when I wiped after going pee (TMI, I know, sorry!) My husband inadvertently said, "It's probably implantation bleeding", and the funny thing is he was completely joking! Though, he has been asking me on repeat lately, "Aren't you supposed to have your period already?"

I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting, but these are the main ones that are coming to mind. I am still in shock; I thought my baby making days were over! I am extremely excited, but oh so nervous all at the same time - I mean, it's been 11 years since my last child, and being a mom of multiple kids is hard! I'm not going to lie. But I feel like this is bigger than me; God knew how bad I wanted another baby girl about 6 years ago, and it didn't happen for me when I wanted it to....but everything happens on HIS time, not ours. So, I feel like God thinks it's the right time. And according to the Chinese Gender Predictor, I have a 99.9% chance of having a girl! Of course, I'd be ecstatic with either a girl or boy, but I reeeeeally want a baby girl!

Sorry for rambling on and on and on, I don't have friends to go and talk to since I'm a homebody and don't really know any other moms, save for a couple I don't ever talk to. So, you guys can be my new friends :)

I just want to say for those who have been trying, don't give up hope - even when the odds are completely against you! ANYTHING can happen. If you guys knew what my insides looked like, you'd understand. It's nothing but scar tissue, which is why I'm really nervous that this pregnancy won't last :( But I have hope!

For those who have been in the TWW, hang in there!

And for those who have recently found out you were pregnant, a big fat CONGRATULATIONS to you all! xo

Mom to 4 gorgeous kids, wife to an awesome man, and Christian. Living in the deep south (Florida) and writer/blogger by profession. If you're bored and need a good read, check out my new mom blog: JustAMomMinute(dot)wordpress(dot)com

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

UPDATE: Doctor confirmed pregnancy! I'm supposedly 1 month and 3 days along :)

Mom to 4 gorgeous kids, wife to an awesome man, and Christian. Living in the deep south (Florida) and writer/blogger by profession. If you're bored and need a good read, check out my new mom blog: JustAMomMinute(dot)wordpress(dot)com

8 years ago • Post starter

Congrats!!! I found out yesterday that I'm having #5 also!! I have 4 boys! 10,9,8,2 and just turned 30! I hope we both get our baby girls!!

8 years ago

Congratulations I'm also pregnant 6 weeks 1day......I'm so emotional happy, scared and a mother of 4 already! A 18yr old 17yr old 9yr old and a 4yr old.....my older two live in Alaska with my 1st husband! Life is changing so much over here!

User Image

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo