Community post

Discussion

AF... where are you??

Hello,

My LMP was Jan 12/2014. I have a pretty regular cycle of every 32 days, with starting mid-month. My Fiance and I are TTC, and we BD twice during my fertile window of (Jan 26-30). About 1 week late I started getting mild cramping in lower abdominal area and felt bloated, this lasted about 6 days or so then went away. A few days later my nipples got really sore (never do before AF) that lasted 2 days then went away. I took my first HPT on Feb 24th, it was a BFN.

We are now March 13th and still no AF? I am a month late! This has only happened to me once before, last September I didn't get a period at all. I haven't taken another HPT yet or gone to get blood work, as I want to wait a bit longer to see if AF comes. I have been under a bit more stress, but I've never had those symptoms before.

If AF doesn't show up by the 16th, I will take another HPT, if neg again I will make an appt right away to get blood work done. We have been TTC for about 4 months with no luck yet, I am worried that this missed period could be a sign of having PCOS. I have noticed my hair has gotten a tiny bit thinner and I've put on a few lbs.

I am just worried. Maybe, I am just one of those woman that urine tests don't work? Or I have very low HCG? I am hoping that is the case. Any advice? What do you think is happening? Have any of you gotten a BFP till really late like 2-3 months pregnant?

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I can relate to this, terribly infact.

With my first son, I got one, only 1 positive pregnancy test before i was 5 months pregnant. Nobody knows why, but it would never show up. Infact I was young at the time (7 years ago), not married, and after missing my period and receiving the first positive pregnancy test, i knew i needed to see a dr. Young with no money, I applied for state assistance. By this time I was already 2 months into my pregnancy. Before you're approved for state assistance, they give you a pregnancy test, and denied me assistance because the said the test was inconclusive. And basically I could, or could not be pregnant. Not until I re-applied a month later, and they had to draw blood did they verify. It does happen.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo