Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 TWW, anyone else?

View Full Post

Hi everyone.. I'm new on here. My husband and I have been actively trying to conceive for 13 cycles, no contraception for 18 cycles. He works away so in the 13 cycles we have only BD on ovulation day once.. Twice including this cycle.. This is why the 2 week wait is so much worse this time, who knows when the next time could be as my cycle keeps changing.
I got positive OPKs on 05/07 and 06/07, we BD both days.
I'm currently trying pineapple core, can't hurt to give it a go!
Anyone else in TWW?

496 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 496 Replies | Last Page

Sorry ladies I also haven't been able to get on today.

I have loads of symptoms during the TWW too but as they've never come to anything good I just forget about them now too!

Both my husband and I are 28, we also lived together for a couple of years before marrying.

I knew I wanted kids at 14.. But was obviously sensible and waited to find the right man and marry him first. I will be at least 29 when I have my first which is a big surprise to me.

I also love unusual names and want names that nobody I know has.. Were looking at Isla and Teddy, just hoping my pregnant friends (about 6 of them) don't use them first

Oh we all have the nursery mentally planned and have shopped for items we have never purchased.. Prams, cribs, I've even looked at bottles.. Completely crazy!! At least were crazy together!!

1 more day down!!

8 years ago • Post starter

Your DH sounds really sweet

And I love your names too! I especially like Sawyer and Mila is very pretty.

How funny that you love that crib as well! It's sooo pretty haha! I hope DH will make one himself, he's pretty good at that. That'd be even more amazing!
We are indeed much alike!

Hope it helps in getting that BFP that I'm much happier these days!
Busy year I've had! But so exhilarated with how everything turned out

Sending you lots of and

Mom to crazy, happy, incredible Oliver Due with baby 2 this Oct

8 years ago • Edited

Haha that's right, Coops, we're crazy together!

I knew I wanted kids from very early on as well, but I had a little brother when I was 12 so I could do all the mothering I wanted as a teenager, which was GREAT but I think it's a good thing we didn't have kids ourselves back then haha!

Oh Isla is really pretty! I like Teddy for a girl as well btw! Or Teddy short for Theodore/Theodorus!

Names I love for girls:
Rose
Lily
Zoe
Olivia

Boys:
James
Will
Nicholas
Hugo
Oliver

8 years ago • Edited

Well done for finding something you enjoy doing as a job.. I still haven't found mine!

Yes I am now very glad that I didn't have a child back then.. It's crazy.

Ohh I will put those names to hubby, thank you, although he likes much more traditional names so we really have to compromise hehe, his name is Will!
Isla we would pronounce eye-la

We also moved just 4 months ago into our family home from a flat, it's hard work but so amazing! You certainly wouldn't want to be doing much moving yourself.. I'm sure your husband could manage ;) hehe! You have the hard work of carrying and growing his child, that's work enough.

Glad I could be of help! I like Isla! We would write Ayla for that pronounciation!

That must be amazing, living in your family home! I'm sooo excited, can't wait but they haven't even finished building it yet! Haha!
And you're right, if I'm pregnant by then I'll be wayyy busy making the baby haha!
Is it really bad of me that I actually fantasize about making DH go to the supermarket in the late evening to satisfy a craving?

8 years ago

And how about names like Eliza? I don't think it's very popular right now is it? But I like it, because it's cool and a little different without being a 'weird' name. Or maybe Allie/Alison?

For boys I secretly like Albus you can call him Al

8 years ago • Edited

Oh really? Isn't it strange how different languages spell the same pronounced words differently.

Aww it'll be worth it when you are in. Ours is a new build too, so nice not having to do anything right away.

Haha I'm worried mine would say no... I don't think he will believe in cravings so will think I'm just being awkward lol.. We'll see, I could be wrong. Worth a try though definitely ;) foot massages too.. Surely that's a must?

Have you never had a positive pregnancy test?

Well I had this faint positive one in May, but I thought it might have been evap because it was a blue one and I find them harder to read (difference between grey and blue is smaller). I was three days late and then I got my period, but it was much lighter than usual. Then a month later I had my period on time, but still much lighter, so I took another test and got another faint line. My GP says that even in pregnancy tests false positives occur, but that it's very unlikely that it would happen two times in a row so he thinks I may have miscarried in May and that there was something still there during the second period, but now everything seems normal and he just says: 'we'll never know for sure.'

Have you had a positive?

Yes I am so excited to have a pretty new bathroom and kitchen and everything clean and just the best technics and all. We'll even have floor heating!

Haha my husband would say yes I think. I'm actually already getting foot massages regularly. He's too good for me

8 years ago

Yes, sorry, now you've said that I remember you saying previously. That must be so frustrating seeing a positive when you are late and then nothing :(
Cannot wait to see those two dark lines.
Nope, never had a positive. I get excited just seeing positive OPK's

It's so lovely!! Oh wow.. Floor heating sounds amazing!! We are meant to be in summer but I've just had to put the heating on!

Oh bless him, he sounds like a star.
I get massages but he never goes to the shops, as I shop whilst he's away, so totally unsure how he would be.. Hopefully we'll find out VERY soon!!!!

It was the worst feeling actually! I don't even know if I were actually pregnant but feel like I suffered a loss anyway

I know I was so excited to get a positive OPK that I actually waved it in front of DH's face shouting: thank god my ovaries aren't broken!!! He just said: why in the world would you think they'd be broken? Haha. I was almost as happy as I'll be when I get a BFP on a pregnancy test!

Yes my husband is really the best. He'd do anything for me, he's a very caring man and I like it very much to be cared for, haha! But all the husbands around us turn extremely caring once their wives conceive so I'm sure your husband will run to the supermarket to get you peanutbutter with whipped cream (or whatever crazy craving you have) no problem! You've got the: I AM BAKING YOUR BABY HERE-argument on your side haha!

Yes I am so excited about the floor heating. Is the weather as bad with you? Where do you live? It's been nothing but storms here. I get blown off my bike on my way to work completely!

8 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo