Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 TWW, anyone else?

View Full Post

Hi everyone.. I'm new on here. My husband and I have been actively trying to conceive for 13 cycles, no contraception for 18 cycles. He works away so in the 13 cycles we have only BD on ovulation day once.. Twice including this cycle.. This is why the 2 week wait is so much worse this time, who knows when the next time could be as my cycle keeps changing.
I got positive OPKs on 05/07 and 06/07, we BD both days.
I'm currently trying pineapple core, can't hurt to give it a go!
Anyone else in TWW?

496 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

181 - 190 of 496 Replies | Last Page

Oh I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! We are going to O around the same day! haha

Actually you should try to BD before ovulation, because the day after the egg probably already died! So as many days as possible before O, because the sperms can survive longer than the egg!

And indeed, May babies that were created on lovely holidays sounds great

Mom to crazy, happy, incredible Oliver Due with baby 2 this Oct

8 years ago

Yes I think we will, another horrible TWW to get through!

Well because I'm unsure when the egg is released once you get the positive opk I'd like to be able to bd after the positive too as we have done it many times before Ov and it hasn't worked so doing it afterwards too would put me at ease a bit more.
I think it's going to happen or not and I should stop thinking about it so much but as you know it's not that easy.

Yes, that sounds ideal to me too!!

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies, I called the Dr and he said there is no reason to believe I may not be pregnant, I have to play the waiting game for another week and they will test my bloods then!!!!! Arrgghh still no further forward lol

It's rubbish your both having a period party but look forward to the prospect that THIS is your month. ( I need a period to think about my next big O)

Will keep you updated - Luna I didn't know that was possible!!! I did have ovulation symptoms but I can understand why it may or may not relese another thing to type in to google haha

Talk soon x

8 years ago

@Scotty: UNbelievable! Another week?! How on earth are you supposed to manage waiting ANOTHER. WEEK?! Sucky doctors but there's still hope for you, awesome! I'm sending you lots and lots of and hope you get your bfp anyways!

@Coops: oh you meant BD after a positive OPK: oh yes, then you should try and BD lots and lots of days I try: the day of the positive OPK until the day my temperature rises, and this cycle I had a positive OPK on Sunday and my temperature rose on Wednesday morning, so Monday AND Tuesday were also possible O days (and it turned out to be Tuesday confirmed by BBT).

Anwyway, after a positive OPK, keep having lots of sex haha

Well ladies, I'm gonna head home and tell DH (who had gotten all secretly enthousiastic) that it's not this month for us and buy myself some booz and some good candy for the Period Party ).

Have a lovely evening both of you, xoxo

8 years ago

Wow bit surprised they leave you that long, that's really irritating and it's going to be a long week if nothing happens before then!!

Yes bd after, we've not been able to do that yet so it's hopefully next on the list haha!

DH was googling all sorts the other day about bleeding and still being pregnant lol, bless him, think he was optimistic too! It makes me sad that they also get disappointed but not as sad as it would make me if they weren't interested!

Enjoy your period party!! Xx

Little late night update I have started spotting!!! I think it's safe to AF has arrived and I to will be trying to work out the next O day!!

Maybe this will be our month ladies eh??

8 years ago

Ooo Scotty that's such a shame period party for you too then! Well at least (looking on the bright side here) we can keep on supporting each other the next cycle!

I think we should make a pact and produce beautiful May babies

8 years ago

That sounds like a superb pact haha!!!

Let's get right on to that

These wee chats have really helped to get through the pat few weeks ladies.

X x

8 years ago

Yes, for me too! Bless you ladies, wouldn't have known what to do without you.

Is it a period party of 3 yet?

8 years ago

Any update Scotty? Spotting doesn't necessarily mean Af.. As hubbies research told him lol!!
Fingers crossed it doesn't arrive, otherwise on to May babies with us xx

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo