Community post

Discussion

Spotting 4 weeks

Hi all
Myself and my husband had a very unexpected BFP on Saturday. We have been trying for 2 months after having the Mirena removed but I'd been spotting since day 15 on both cycles. I am part of a university study looking at fertility over 30 which requires you to take pregnancy tests on cycle day 28 if AF hasn't arrived.
As I'd been spotting I DID NOT expect a BFP (I got in the shower after I peed!) and to my shock there it was. I already had a visit to the Dr scheduled for Monday to discuss the irregular bleeding. My positive was confirmed and my Dr seemed to think the spotting was likely related to the Mirena removal not the pregnancy. The spotting stopped the day I got my BFP so I thought great!
However after an internal exam at the Drs and after going for a run last night, I noticed a bit of spotting after I wiped (not much - no actual blood, very light red/pink - sorry TMI!). I also noticed some this morning - again the same type. I have a follow up visit tomorrow with the Dr - so I'll obviously be bringing this up.
Has anyone got any suggestions. I thought this could be break through bleeding - I'd be on my period right now if I wasn't pregnant. I am NOT having any cramps. Is this likely just the "aftermath" of my visit to the Dr - she did say I had some blood on my cervix (which was closed) but not much.
Really nervous - this is our first BFP. Not sure how I'll get through to our Drs app tomo!

0 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo