Community post

Discussion

1st Time Charting - Can Someone Help Analyze?

Can someone take a look at the attached chart and let me know their thoughts?

We've been TTC for 8 months, this is my 1st month charting and I feel like it's all over the place. Fertility Friend said, based on my temps, that I o'ed on CD19, however I got a positive OPK on CD17. I've been trying a lot of different things, including but not limited to fertility massage, fertility supplements (from Fairhaven Health), cutting out caffeine, limiting alcohol, preseed, cough syrup (guaifenesin), etc. I'm 29, he's 30. We both are very healthy and exercise; me: 4-5 days a week, him 6-7 days a week. Getting very frustrated every month! I'm currently 13DPO, negative test today, no sign of AF.

User Image

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

It doesn't look like it attached previously, sorry!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5d5b2b

8 years ago • Post starter

I charted for the 1st time and I conceived almost 6wks ago. I had a huge dip in temp like yours on cycle day 10 mine was on cycle day 7. Then my temp went up then back down and I thought I was out. I tested on 10dpo and got a BFP! So if I had to compare your chart to mine I say it looks promising! Did you have any pains the day your chart had the dip? I had a lot of symptoms you can view mine on http://www.twoweekwait.com/early-pregnancy-symptoms/first-time-charting-bbt-and-bfp

Hope this helps!

8 years ago

Hello and good Luck!

Other factors can cause FF to determine your ovulation date such as time of temp and cervical mucus. I highly encourage you to stick with you opk. FF would often throw back my date before a positive opk. This month, FF said I ovulated on cd 8 due to temps and cervical mucus, however, it was determined that I ovulated late on cd 18. I just got my BFP today! I continued to test for ovulation until I got a positive opk. I would have missed this pregnancy if I listened to FF. Others things I did differently this month was use soft cups after intercourse, easy@home opk and preseed! Hope this helps!

8 years ago

Thank you both!

I had some pain right around the time of ovulation, but nothing overly significant. I don't feel like I typically have many pre-AF symptoms and the only AF symptoms I really have are awful cramps. Right now I feel like my nipples are tender which is abnormal, but I also feel like I'm looking for signs.

I've read about charting and looked at other people's charts, and I feel like mine does not follow any typical or average trend.

I was hoping that if I didn't find out I was pregnant this month, that charting would help figure out if there was another underlying factor - that somehow my temps would tell me something more....I'm probably being overly reliant on my temps at this point, right?

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo