Community post

Discussion

Confused on Digital OPK

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can give me some insight. My average cycle is 31 days and here's what I found:

Cycle Day 11/Cycle Day 12 - Flashing Smiley
I am still learning how to use these things but I am presuming I ovulated shortly after that?

I gave up on using them because my husband and I became frustrated with all the tracking, etc. But two days ago, I randomly did it again (Cycle Day 26), and it was negative but out of curiosity tested again yesterday (Cycle Day 27) and it was a solid smiley.

Could you get a solid smiley before you're supposed to get your period? Or does it mean I ovulated yesterday nearly nearly 15 days after I received the flashing smiley??

Please forgive my ignorance, just wondering because my boobs have been so incredibly sore and I've noticed that my areolas have been becoming larger (not darker) and nipples more erect than normal but am not sure whether its a sign of my pending period or I've read a few times that a positive OPK could indicate pregnancy.

Thoughts anyone or similar scenarios?

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

From what I have heard and read you can/ will get flashing smileys for several days then a solid smiley .. but if you got a negative then a solid I would take a pregnancy test just to be safe side.

10 years ago

I appreciate the insight. I will try tomorrow morning! I'm not expecting my period for a few days - but if its showing on the OPK- might as well try!

10 years ago • Post starter

Update: Took a HPT, and it was negative.

Really not sure why the OPK would do that? Show Flashing Smileys and then 15 days later, Solid Smiley- does anyone know if that has something to do your body trying to ovulate again?

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo