Community post

Discussion

When to BD after taking clomid and recieving hcg injection?

Hi there,
I am currently ttc after the loss of my son in March at 30 weeks. After a couple months I finally got my period back on track but have been testing and not ovulating. My OB put me on clomid 50mg last month, I went in and had a 20mm egg on the left side. She gave me a hcg injection that night. We BD that night and also exactly 24 hours after. I wanted to try more that weekend but things did not work out. This is my second month on clomid and I go in next week for my ultrasound. I was just wondering if anyone has any success stories when they recieved both medications and got a BFP. When should we BD after the injection that would give us the best probability for a BFP. Also how long does it normally take for the hcg to get out of your system. Last month I had a very faint positive pregnancy test at 15 days past the injection. It gave me false hope and turned out to still just be left over hcg from the injection. Is this normal to be in my system so long? How would you know if it the injection or if you are pregnant? Thanks!

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

hi

i am so sorry for your loss, but glad u are all geared up and positive to try again (it took me sometime to gear myself up and try)

sperms can survive in fertile mucus for 3 - 5 days. where as your egg would last only 24-48 hours. In a follicular studied cycle like yours at least we know when you are going to ovulate. In simple , u start to BD 5 days before u ovulate , the day of ovulation and the day after .

after your hcg trigger shot - most woman tend to ovulate between 24 - 48 hrs, some may ovulate as early as 12 hrs. Also note that the sperms take sometime to go up to the egg too, so its better u bed sometime before u ovulate.

I would say go have fun in the sheets every alternate day once ur af stops , but having sex for making a baby is stressful, so try and have more fun. If ur DH has no fertility issues i would say couple of days before O date and night of trigger the next (24 hrs) , even at 36 hrs and 48 hrs . If u can utilise the whole period why no it won't hurt , would it!

if you not sure do ask ur doc when to start BD as per ur study cycle , they generally answer and advise as to when in an assisted cycle.

and hope i have not confused u further!.

oh btw yes hcg from the trigger can still linger in ur system even after 15 days, it depends on the dose and how ur body metabolises it.

Me: 30 DH : 45 Unexplained infertility DH has good nos March 2015: Clomid, 2 follicles , HCG trigger - TI - April 2015: Clomid, 4 follicles , HCG trigger - TI - May 2015: Clomid, 5 follicles , Lupron trigger - double IUI - chemical pregnancy 4w3d June 2015: took a break July 2015: clomid + injectables, lupride trigger- double iui- aggressive progestrone and estradiol support - 17bpo - BFN

8 years ago

Thank you so much for your response! This helps a lot. As I know my husband has no fertility issues so we will start today and keep going every other day til the shot then each day after like you said. Hopefully that will be enough :)

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo