Community post

Discussion

Letrozole...strange side effects.

I hoping someone on here can give me some insight. Long story short I have never ovulated on my own. I was on Clomid for three months and learned I am Clomid resistant. Well last month I was on Letrozole and had an HCG shot. I did ovulate finally :) I didn't get the BFP and started my Provera. Had a strange menstrual cycle. Basically just spotted for 4 days. Went back to the dr and Thursday He said I have a focille at 20 mm and would not give me Letrozole bc of it. He had me take a pregnancy test which was again a BFN. I kinda knew it would be. TMI but for that last four days (currently on cd 7) my nipples have been super tingling ALL day long and they are kind of sore if I try and run or sleep on my stomach.
So my question is has anyone else experienced this on Letrozole? Also has anyone actually ovulated on their own after taking Letrozole?
Thanks so much in advance for any insight you can give me :)

4 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

my first month on it, GL no side effects here

User Image

10 years ago

Hey.
I take it every second month. I find that I ovulate on my own the month after taking the meds. Clomid just gave me lots of cysts so doc took me straight off it onto the Letrozole.
I have had some weight gain on it so don't want to overuse it.

10 years ago

I took it in Feb for iui.. I believe I ovulated on my own but either way I was on it from cd4-8. I had 4days of weird period after it.. not my normal period. My boobs has been hurting and sensitive since.. made me think I was pregnant. I never went back for a follow up after I started my period. I keep saying im going to test to be sure but I tested on 13dpiui and it was bfn so I didn't want to test again. But yes my boobs are sensitive.. not sure if its due to where I am in my cycle or what

10 years ago

Thank you girls for replying! So glad to know I am not going crazy :) lots of baby dust to you all.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo