Community post

Discussion

Vitex? Short Luteal Phase/Lots of Spotting

Hi Everyone!

I've been TTC for only 2 cycles but have a few concerns based on previous issues. I have been charting CM, temping and using OPKs so have a good sense of my weird cycles!

My cycles are generally 25-28 days long. I get a + opk at day 9 and ovulate day 10. However from CD 15 I start spotting and continue to spot until AF comes.

On my first cycle I though maybe I had polyps (I previously had these, had surgery Jan 2014 but know the recurrence rate is high). But my second cycle has been so similar with spotting starting on CD15 so only 5 days after ovulation. (At first I was hopeful for implantation bleeding, but after 10 days of spotting I think it's safe to say no!!).

I am now thinking I have low progesterone causing me to shed my lining too soon. I have just ordered Vitex - but am worried about when to take this. I am ovulating so should I wait until after ovulation? Same with progesterone cream?

I am going to the Dr on Monday but know they'll say it's too soon to test and likely due to my IUD being removed in May.

Any advice appreciated!

0 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo