Community post

Discussion

nearly 45 and I think i may be pg

Hello. I am 44 and will be 45 in September. I have been trying for baby no. 3 since baby no. 2 was 6 months old. She is now 3 1/4. Baby no. 2 was a femara baby.

If I am pregnant this cycle, this baby will be due the same date that my no. 2 was due.

I used clomid and femara (extended and high dose stimulation) this cycle. I also used DHEA and Vit 3. I am only DPO7, but I am pretty sure that this cycle is a go.

I am also diabetic, and my insulin requirements have increased > 3x the past few days. The only time that has ever happened before was when I was Pg with No. 2.

I have lost at least 3 pregnancies. Though I do have 2 healthy girls. I hope this one is also going to be a good one.

6 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hi, I'm 43 and TTC number 2.
How are your moods on clomid? I'm trying Agnus Castus first and would like to know about other methods just in case.
Let us know how you got along, have fingers crossed for you :))

8 years ago

Yay, Super Sally!! Keeping fingers crossed and praying for you.

8 years ago

cycle did not stick. A good thing in retrospect as I got dengue in August. Recovered now and trying again this cycle. IN the dreaded 2WW DPO6 now and over analyzing every twinge, as usual. :)

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi all,

Cannot believe I am here. 45 next week and I think I am pregnant. Going to retest tonight.

Not sure how it is possible since we used protection.

My little guy (kid #3) is currently 2.5yo. (Old signature below from that ttc/pgcy)

Wow.

MountainMama -- 47 year old mom of 3 (20yo DD, 17yo DD, 4.5yo DS) TTC #4

8 years ago

Hi Mountain Mamma.

If you are you will know soon enough. 2 of my sisters both had unexpected pregnancies (that was 1 sister's 4th and the other sister's 5th kids). But all turned out fine and life is unimaginable without those surprise family additions.

Let us know how you go.

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi MountainMama, it is good news congrats and healthy pregnancy

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo