Community post

Discussion

Any 35+ ladies TTC #1?

Hello All!

DH and I have been married for almost two years and started TTC our first in Jan. I'm 35 and he's 32 and this will be our 3rd month. He's not too concerned as it hasn't been that long, but I'm starting to worry. I am tracking my AF cycles and doing OPK, but so far no luck. Thinking of getting the clearblue OPK as I want to see if something new will help. Any tips? Advice?

In any case, I just wanted to see if any 35+ ladies out there were on the same boat.

5 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hey
I'm 35, been TTC for 2 years. Are you doing everything naturally or on any meds etc?
I've not found the OPK kits to be useful but alot of others have had success with them (I have a rule, BD every 2 days, that eliminates any worries re: timing).

The other day a family member stated that I waited too long to have a baby. Ummm....I didn't fall in love until my 30's. Was I supposed to have a baby with a random stranger in my 20's?

Anyhoo, good luck on your journey, there are many of us in the same boat as you.

10 years ago

Don't listen to 'em, Musically! I'm 37 and TTC #1 with donor sperm (so I guess I AM conceiving with a random stranger, but not one who will be in the picture, thank goodness).

Anyway, I know that my path to motherhood looks a little different, but I'm another "older" first-time mama-to-be. Good luck!

10 years ago

Hi I'm 38 and my partner is 40. I had a mc about 2 years ago & my cycle took well over a year to become regular again. So here we are. Month one using a clear blue fertility monitor. 8dpo. Keeping everything crossed. I've found opks to be really helpful in tuning me into what my body does around ovulation so I can be more aware. The digital ones are great BUT if you're testing in the morning you can miss the start of the surge if it happens the afternoon or evening before. The monitor same. It does give you a few 'high' days though to give you some warning!
Good luck everyone!

10 years ago

Hi!
I'm 36 and my husband is 35. We've been ttc since nov 2013. I had a mc in January. Now, I'm at 14 dpo I have had some symptoms since 8 dpo, but I feel like now all my symptoms are gone... Today, I'm supposed to have my period, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I will do a test tomorrow morning if nothing happens today!
I don't have any particular advice but it's great to hear from other in a similar situation! I think there are special worries and questions for women over 35 that are TTC...
Good luck to all! Keep me posted! :)

TTC #1 since November 2013!

10 years ago

37, husband is 39, & we've been hoping for about a year & a half now. We just got married last month, so now I'm serious about wanting to get pregnant. He's had some medical problems for almost a year, so I can't really say we've been trying very hard. But every month I'm convinced this is the month, & every month I'm let down when I've got proof positive I'm not pregnant.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo