Community post

Discussion

IVF converted to IUI - Success Stories?!

I just learned this morning that due to poor response (only 3 follicles) my doctor wants to convert me to an IUI this month. I've already had 3 of these in the past, all BFN. Has anyone out there had an IVF cycle that was cancelled and still got their BFP?? Any poor responders who had their protocol changed and then had success with producing a lot more follicles??

This month I had a short, antagonist protocol. 225ui of follistim twice a day and ganarelix. I'm currently on CD 9 (Day 7 of stims). I have low AMH so I'm hoping they will come up with a protocol to be more aggressive next time!!! If this IUI doesn't work that is...

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I have never heard of anyone going from IVF to IUI as IVF is much more aggressive than IUI. I hope someone in here can help you, but I didn't want to read and not reply. :)

9 years ago

Hi LShrader - I appreciate your reply!! That post was actually back in March and I'm now pregnant after my second IVF round :) :)

For any future post readers - having a cancelled IVF cycle is very common, especially the first round, where they can still be adjusting yours meds and finding the right doses for you. Generally, if they do have to cancel due to poor response they don't want to completely waste the cycle, so they offer an IUI. Although, I have yet to hear of someone who ends up pregnant that way (at least, after previous failed attempts of IUI like me). Generally if you have less than 3-4 follicles, they don't want to put you through the retrieval process since it truly is surgery under anesthesia.

My second round was the highest dose of meds offered (I'm only 31, but I have a very low ovarian reserve). I produced 5 follicles that time (which is still low) and they were able to retrieve 3 eggs. 2 of which fertilized and were transferred resulting in one healthy baby boy due in March 2015!

There is always hope and different protocols work! :)

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo