Community post

Discussion

infertility after depo

Im trying to find out if there is a link between infertility and the depo. I came off the depo in 2011 and now I cant have a baby as my tubes are blocked??!!
I had no trouble having my other 2 children before the depo now nothing................
Has anyone else had this issue?
My cycles are bang on everey cycle just nohere for my egg or the sperm to go.......
Thanks ladies
xx

4 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I have heard of women taking up to three years to conceive after taking depo-provera.

How do you know your tubes are blocked have you had a HSG? They could flush your tubes with dye to make sure they are open.

Best to see a fertlity doctor

10 years ago

Hi thanks for replying i have had a lap in august 2013 and a hsg in feb 2014 to prove they are blocked im trying to find if the depo has caused my tubes to block ....Im finding that there are many women who seem to have fertility issues after the depo

10 years ago • Post starter

I am on the same mission as you. I was on Depo for about 4 years. Since then, I have been diagnosed with PCOS, mild endo, and have never even had a BFP. Clomid made me ovulate but still nothing. HSG showed clear tubes and Lap surgery removed cysts, endo and small lesions on my tubes. Currently down reg for IVF#1. I am considering finding a lawyer though because I have found numerous studies that link Depo to infertility..... Good luck to you!!

Me - 22 DH - 26 DH = perfectly normal Me = PCOS, Mild Endo TTC since 2011 (Married Young) Saw RE August 2013 Clomid Cycle #1 100mg- no O Clomid Cycle and IUI #2 150mg- O but weak Clomid Cycle and IUI #3 200mg- Stong O BFN Clomid Cycle and IUI #4&5 200mg- Strong O BFN HSG Janurary 2014 = very slight bicorniate uterus but open tubes. Last Clomid Cycle 200mg and IUI = No O :( Lap Surgery Feb 20th, 2014 = Removal of 22 cysts, mild endo and tubal lesions. No Natural Ovulation. 03/17/2014 Started Lupron for IVF #1 Took Provera to induce AF... Still missing. :(

10 years ago

Wow thank you so much for writing back to me...are you in the UK?
I have found many women who have issues now cause of the depo hun some women have said its cause of my age but I dont believe in that at all Ive had all the tests and everything came out perfect plus your onky 22 and have issues so theres got to be something in it keep me informed of your journey hun add me somehow as a friend if you can so I can keep up to date with your journey
Take care

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo