Community post

Discussion

Anyone using Femara?

View Full Post

I am new to posting on here... so here is our short story. We have been TTC for a year this month. We don't really have any diagnosed issues. My uterus is pretty tilted, but my doctor says that shouldn't matter. I am on my second month of Femara. Last month my progesterone level was 30, which my doctor was pretty impressed with and shocked that I wasn't pregnant! This cycle we are trying our intercourse timing differently. Just keeping it to every other day and hoping that will help. I am trying to relax more so I stopped temping and using OPK's. This whole process has been so emotiona!l I am currently 6 days past ovulation. I am having some symptoms, but wondering if they are all in my head!
Good luck to you all!

36 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 36 Replies | Last Page

Yes, this will be my first IUI, I'm sitting here now waiting for the clinic to give me a phone call

I'm cycle day 11 (I'd swear I ovulating now - have lots of clear cm)

10 years ago

Just got the phone call, my IUI is possibly tommorow based on my blood work

10 years ago

Opalfoxy- that's great news! Did you expect to O that early? maybe the Femara... Yeah!

Michasmith- Welcome! Sorry to hear your still waitinggg to O, I hope it comes soon! I have noticed my O pains are way more intense on Femara. So you should have plenty of warning when it's close to O time!

Me-31- MTHFR Compound Hetero, Mild Hypo, "Possible" Endo. Blessed w/14 yo Son SO-37- MFI (count/motility), MTHFR Compound Hetero, Type 1 Diabetic. No Bio Children TTC "OUR" #1 Since November 2011 4/13/13- Natural Miscarriage @ 6W January 2014- 1st RE visit February 2014- Started Femara 5mg ??- IVF/ICSI My Ovulation Chart User Image

10 years ago

I had IUI today, a 23mm folicle and an 18mm folicle and maybe a hidden one.

I have had short cycles all my life, but I am a bit surprised at the arrival of O because I am 40 (I'm kind of old for this!)

It was a simple process, nods, way less effort than that IVF cycle I couldn't do

Frankie I also have that tilted uterus thingy, I'm hoping IuI will point the sperm in the right direction

10 years ago

Welcome ladies!
So my doctor wanted to have an ultra sound this cycle since my progesterone level was so high. He wanted to make sure that I was releasing the eggs. I had the ultra sound yesterday. Everything looks good. My doctor called and said he's so happy with how my body is responding to Femara and the problem is that the "boys just haven't met the girl yet." AF has been really weird this cycle. It was super light the first few days. So I'm counting yesterday as day 1 and taking the Femara days 4-8 this time. My doctor contemplated me skipping a month but he thinks my body can handle it. Not going to do OPK's this cycle. I'm trying to pretend that I'm not really trying! Good luck with that, right?
Littlemonk- You ovulated then? How many DPO are you? Just the waiting now....the worst part.
Opalfoxy- If you don't mind me asking... how much does IUI cost?

10 years ago • Post starter

I'm in NZ, the IUI was $1300.00 compared to IVF which is $10,000 +

My AMH is <1 and the clinic was happy with the two eggs, possible 3rd on the low dose of femara

I've had a tiny bit of cramping this afternoon, I hope it means the IUI is working .....

10 years ago

So I am taking 5 mg Femara CD 3-7, U/S on Friday followed by trigger with progesterone support during luteal phase. Tonight is my last dose of femara and I already feel twinges in my ovaries :) no hot flashes though like with clomid which is nice. A little history is that my DH and I were trying for 17 months without conceiving. I've never been pregnant. After stopping bcp I would start spotting after ovulation until AF and then AF would be very light and only last two days. I took clomid with progesterone for three months that corrected the spotting but made AF so light it was like nonexistent. So I already had a thin lining issue that Clomid just worsened. We just started seeing the RE last month and this will be my first cycle medicated and monitored with him.

The cool thing is that this last cycle in between clomid and femara, I did only progesterone and I had no spotting and AF was normal flow and lasted five days!! So DH and I think we have hopefully fixed the prob. I had HSG, CD3 and CD 21 labs, with other basic labs, DH had normal SA . I ovulate on my own as we always get positive OPKs and regular cycles. I am so excited for this cycle as we have good expectations!

Opal- I hope your IUI is successful!! Reading peoples stories and hearing about success really helps me since no one I know is going through the same infertility issues. Let's keep this thread going ladies and keep each other updated!

10 years ago

I had my blood test to see if I had ovulated today, the answer was yes. The nurse said she was not surprised as I had a nice Lutenising Hormone surge :)

10 years ago

Opalfoxy- that's great news!! Now time for the tww! Are you doing progesterone support during your luteal phase?

Frankie & little monk- any updates?

Well, today I went in for an ultrasound to see if I had produced any mature follicles. Today is CD 12 and I had one follie that measured 24mm on the left! They want it larger than 19, so I give myself the ovidrel trigger shot tonight. My lining also measured in at 10.3 and they like it thicker than 7. I start progesterone suppositiries on Monday during the luteal phase. So I had great news all around! Just for fun I took an opk when I got home and got a positive. So I am hopeful for this cycle! Looking forward to hearing from you ladies!

10 years ago

Finished my third round of femara yesterday. Today is CD 9. Now just waiting to ovulate! Good luck to everyone!

10 years ago • Post starter

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo