Community post

Discussion

Genital Warts Scare

Last week my boyfriend went to the doctor to get treatment on what he believed to be skin tags. He had one by his scrotum that he's had before he met me but when one appeared on his anal area he decided to get the skin tags removed. This is when he found out that he has hpv std genital warts. We both were obviously very upset and it just reminded me of how extremely promiscuous his lifestyle was before I came into the picture.

This week (Wednesday) I have my routine pap smear appointment which now I also have to discuss the possibility that I may have genital warts also because of him. We had a beautiful healthy baby last June and I passed my HIV/std testing with flying colors when I was pregnant. We were planing on ttc another baby this year but now that may be a no go. I am so scared and nervous about having genital warts.

Then if I don't have it its going to change everything with him and I being sexually active because even with using protection he can still give me genital warts. Add to that, having another baby is most likely a done deal. I am so upset over everything and can't believe I am going through this. Has anyone ever gone through anything similar? I'm a wrack of nerves and just want to stay std free without worrying about catching it when we're sexually active. We haven't had sex since the news and I am honestly scared of ever having sex with him again.

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I know genital warts aren't curable, but it doesn't sound like he has too bad of a case and there are medications he can take daily to control the outbursts. From my understanding the warts are usually only contagious while they are active. If you didn't contract them from him before there is a good chance you still haven't contracted them. Obviously you wouldn't choose this, but there are lots of couples where one partner has warts and the other partner is able to stay wart free. I know it is hard to stay calm, but you'll just have to wait it out a little longer and see how your results come back and speak to your doctors about what they suggest. I wouldn't take the possibility of having another child off the table.

10 years ago

Thank you, Hgreen87 for taking the time to respond. I am extremely embarrassed to discuss this with any of my close friends/family. So its great to have this unbiased anonymous forum to express myself on. My boyfriend feels horrible obviously about everything. We are being hopeful that my immune system is strong enough where I haven't contracted it. THANK GOD I have gone this long thru my 2012/2013 pregnancy without getting it. Our son is my number one priority in keeping protected from this. Thanks also for giving some hope of the possibility of having another healthy pregnancy. Wednesday can't come soon enough!!!

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo