Community post

Discussion

My body is confusing. Help please

I've been ttc for 8 months on and off (I had a miscarriage at 13 weeks in the middle) but for the last couple of months my hormones have been back to pre pregnancy.
Here's my confusion.... I've been tracking my bbt and cervix position and cm and this month I was convinced I was pregnant. I've had every symptom under the sun. Fertility friend said I ovulated on CD 15, 16th June. Did predicted my period was due on 30th June. A week went by and it was a no show. I was hugely bloated which I had been with my first pregnancy and my boobs had got bigger and we're looking a bit on the veiny side. A week after af was due I started spotting very lightly (7th July) and had a temp dip to just above the cover line. I thought af must be here. I checked my cervix and is was medium height and soft. I've carried on spotting lightly and sometimes it's been dark brown and only when I wiped. Other times it's light pink and on the towel. I bled lightly at the beginning of my last pregnancy. I've done test since the spotting and they've all come back negative. My cervix on the 9th moved up so high I could barely touch it and was still soft. Yesterday my left boob really ached like shooting stabbing pains on one side near the armpit. Today is Sunday 12th I'm CD 41 26dpo. Still very slightly spotting. Still high soft cervix. Still bloated. Still heavy boobs. Still negative tests. What's going on? Please help.

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I'd say it's time to see your doctor and get a requisition for a blood test. 26dpo is a long time to be waiting for either a bfp or your period to show. What's your temperature been like lately?

Me (29) Hubby (35) PCOS Mommy to Miss I (2009), Miss P (2014), and now trying for our third. Can't wait to see a soon!

8 years ago

My temperatures took a nose dive. I think the spotting was a period. Despite is odd behaviour and short life. I've done numerous tests on a variety of brands. Ff also changed my ovulation date to the week after they previously said meaning I didn't have sex in my fertile window and dates were off by a week. I think I we so desperate to see a positive I clung on to every little bit of hope. I miscarried in February this year after having fallen pregnant with our first month of trying. So now it's been 2/3 cycles after miscarriage and nothing. I know it's early days but I really want to be a mum. My friends are all giving birth or approaching their due dates and my due date is approaching fast. It will break my heart if we haven't managed to fall again before then. Thank you for replying. Sorry about the down message. Good luck in your ttc journey. X

8 years ago • Post starter

Aw, how frustrating for you. No need to apologize about feeling down in the dumps. It happens to all of us from time to time. I agree with you that it's especially hard to see what seems like everyone else get pregnant, and you feel like you're the only one who isn't. Trust me though, you're not alone. For what it's worth, two of my close friends experienced a miscarriage but then went on to conceive shortly after and have a really good pregnancy. Maybe you're bfp is coming next cycle! Keep your chin up.

Me (29) Hubby (35) PCOS Mommy to Miss I (2009), Miss P (2014), and now trying for our third. Can't wait to see a soon!

8 years ago

I keep yo-yoing between being adamant that the bleeding was my period and I need to move on to the next cycle and that it was too light and didn't last long enough it must've been implantation or breakthrough bleeding whatever it was with my last pregnancy. I'm an emotional wreck. I seem to have lots of symptoms but my body has lied to me so much these last months I don't know what to believe. (I was carrying my baby for a month before I found out it had died at my first scan but had pregnancy symptoms and positive tests for a over a month after the miscarriage was diagnosed) I feel so totally stitched up by my own body. Thank you for your kind words. It's so lovely having the ladies on this site to talk to. I don't want to upset my husband and family anymore. Xx

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo