Community post

Discussion

My partner has been acting funny since I told him I am preg?

I found out I am pregnant about a week ago.. At first, my partner seemed pretty happy and assured me that he will be supportive; there for me every step . But over the last few days, he has been having some funny mood swings.
He has mentioned that he 'has a lot on his mind', & that this all hasn't quite yet sunk in. IM just hoping he's just a little nervous and everything will be okay. But I am also worried he isn't as in on having the baby as I am. He tells me he thinks things are moving a little fast.. We have been together for 6 months now. As cheesy as I sound I do believe he is perfect for me and I knew that from the day I met him. I love him, and I need some advice to calm his nerves. What should I do!!?

User Image

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

First of all, congratulations!!!

I think he does just need some time for it to sink in. It is a big deal! Maybe he needs reminded that there's still 9 whole months to figure out how to do this Dad thing and no one figures it out immediately or perfectly. I think he's probably a little overwhelmed at what he doesn't know yet. It's a learning process :-) My DH immediately starts thinking of finances and figuring out how to support a family - I remind him he'll have the better part of a year to plan and he usually calms down pretty easily.

8 years ago

I understand how you feel. Yesterday evening I tested positive on my first and second clear blue pregnancy test, at 11 dpo. His first reaction was staring, a few sighs, a couple of moments of silence, and a mumble of "so what now". I take it he as him being in shock. As am I. So don't feel down. We have been together for less than half a year and my first child was born almost 15 years ago! However, we are happy. There's a lot of cuddling and holding going on right now. Lol. I wish you well.

8 years ago

men always take longer than women to adjust. Everything will be fine.

8 years ago

My partner and I have been together for a year, have both been wanting a baby (I'm 39 with a 14yo. He's 40 with no kids) so we've been ttc since Jan when we had an unplanned pregnancy end in MC. When I showed him the test last night, he said he didn't want to get too excited until we knew for sure but he was happy. He's now looking around the house and wanting to cram in all the remodeling we've been semi-seriously discussing into a 9 month period. He's also worried about finances, insurance, etc even though we've talked about all that before. He's a very practical person and I think he wants to make sure there are no issues and everything is planned out to the best of our ability.

I'm sure your guy will come around. Good luck!!!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo