Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

361 - 370 of 746 Replies | Last Page

Not much here! Waiting till AF shows, then begin again. This month we took a break. We bd before ovulation, but not expecting much!

9 years ago

Its not a bad thing to relax a bit Jaxx it may do you the world of good babe...when you testing? xx

9 years ago • Post starter

Karlou - I'm not sure, but was 'planning' on waiting until Saturday when I'm 12 dpo. AF is supposed to arrive on 8/19 so I don't want to test too early and get a false negative. I'm chomping at the bit though. I use the Clear Blue Digitals so I'm not sure if a low HCG count will show as Pregnant or not. I'm anxious for sure. LOL

User Image

9 years ago

I would be too if I just went straight in with the big guns lol (clear blue) good luck hun I really hope this is it for you xx

hello dearS

got AF 2 days ago but as Jaxx we were not that active this month. can't wait for my first IUI in about 12 days

Beadghill any news? hope are good

Hi Hopingtobeamom2014

PS just went over Jaxx post, 2500$ for IUI!!!!!!!!
in Greece it is about 400 - 600$, and don't think we don't have good medical standards because of crisis and blah blah. and if you are covered by insurance it is less.
Is it so expensive in UK too Karlou?

LoVE
BABY DUST
STICKY VIBES
to ALL

9 years ago

I pay $1,800 for an IUI (which includes all blood work, ultrasounds, sperm washing and the IUI itself), plus meds (which can run as high as $4,000 depending on dosage and which stims are used). I usually end up paying about $3500 total.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Yeah I think its about £1000 we aren't going down that route though... you can get over the counter tests here for sperm count for about £30 ... but to clean up the sperm is very expensive xx

Anyone coming up to testing yet? I am still waiting to ovulate ... where are you all at ladies xxx

Today is ovulation day for me. :)

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Keep your prayers going for me. AF is due on the 22nd or the 23. Praying that we caught the egg this cycle.

Sorry I have been MIA been very busy and trying to stay focused.

<a href=

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo